Sign in to follow this  
Taggart

New Skyline

not keen on the front end.... looks like a fairlady which has gone square from taking far too many steroids... :|

i think all the new nissan look too similar....in fact all nissans now are built on the same platform.....looks alot like the G35

Hmm. Never been a fan of recent-ish Skylines. Must admit I'm not entirely convinced by the front end either.

However, you can certainly spot a family resemblance to the Datsun 240/280z, which is one of my favourite looking Japanese cars ever.

30-datsun-240z.jpg

I like it, the detail of the tail lights and head lights is fantastic. The whole car looks muscular but not in an over-the-top way like the r34. Plus, its a prototype so there's still time to improve the "mouthy" front end.

Didn't Nissan (or Nismo, can't remember which), buy back a few R34 Skylines a while ago to tart up and sell on again?

I'm sure I read that somewhere! :)

Nismo bought 20 R34 GTR V-Spec Skylines, the V-Spec II model came with more extra's and more grunt as well. They basically tuned them, you can buy one for around 83k, 500bhp from the engine, added bigger Nismo Brakes, vented, grooved etc, lowered the suspension and uprated all the parts, with racing bushes, uprated anti-roll bars etc etc, bigger intercooler and air intake system.

IMHO you can still see its a skyline............just evolution of the species.tho like others i'm still a lover of the R32/33/34 versions

Agreed Roddy. You can tell by the back and side profile exactly what it is. The front end isn't to my liking but i've no doubt it'll be an astounding machine!