Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Which Radar/Gatso Detector

Can anyone recommend a good radar detector or GPS Gatso warning system.

They've just started putting up fixed cameras over here in sunny N.I. and I don't want to have loads of points on my license (again!)

I have a Bel Euro 550 myself, then my SatNav has all the GATSOs and Red-Light cameras in its database, warning me 30 seconds (no matter what speed I'm going) and then 10 seconds before I hit it. Very handy! But not the cheapest option ;)

I've been looking at the Origin Blue-i one's myself (GPS). The new B2 can have a detector, added to it as I recall... The features/specifications certainly look pretty good to me...

...funds lacking a bit at the mo'... :(

DtM.

edited to add:

most of the GPS one's have a £50 finders fee to anyone finding a new camera... if they're just going up, you could make a penny or three! :lol:

I've been looking at the Origin Blue-i one's myself (GPS). The new B2 can have a detector, added to it as I recall... The features/specifications certainly look pretty good to me...

Been looking at this myself, I think it has a laser detector built in but radar is an add on.

http://www.originb2.com/index.cfm

Been looking at this myself, I think it has a laser detector built in but radar is an add on.

http://www.originb2.com/index.cfm

Looks good but not cheap :( Only had my C for 3 weeks and I ve been flashed a number of times already :shock: but talking to the guy I bought her off last night and he's only just sent off the V5 form so all tickets will be going to him lol!!! :lol:

Just fill out the fixed penalty notice, but don't sign it... ;)

Had a Snooper S6 for about six months now and it's superb for fixed cameras. I chose the S6 over the Origin bluei because the display is much clearer (but still not wonderful.)

I use it with a Bel990i to detect the mobile cameras and haven't been caught out yet.

The Snooper S6 is also available with an optional radar detector for a bit more wonga.

just stick to the speed limits or there abouts, using a detector just lull's you into a false sense of security. THere' so many different types of evil cameras about now & none of them will detect all of them.

Fine wine, Belgian chocs., where have you put your s6?ive got mine in the cubby hole by the gear stick but would like to put it somewhere so that i can see it apart from sticking it on the windscreen

Yeah, got mine in the cubby hole too. That's the only problem with the S6, it's a bit big and ugly and the wires stick out both sides of it. That new Origin B2 has hidden wires, much smaller, nicer to look at and you can actually read the screen without the aid of a magnifying glass! :D .

I am very close to buying the snooper s6 with the rader dectector can get it for around £432 from http://www.speedtraps.co.uk

Sandy

Hey Sandy

Me and JR Ewing are looking in to getting this model. I've looked around the net and have seen it for 370 (the s6-r neo that is) but if you buy 4 at once you can get them for £350 each. if you're still looking for this (or anyone else) pm me and we can have a chat

cheers

Kevlar

I know I'm late on this one but thought I'd throw my hat into the ring anyway. I've been running the Morpheous MicroRoadPilot for a year now and can't recommend it highly enough - All the same features as the other top-line units but much smaller and less intrusive. Check it out through the steering wheel HERE to see what I mean.

mike the problem in NI is laser :( And no detector will warn u early enough

got scooped for 3points last week on the M2 :p

be interested to see what u get tho.

mike the problem in NI is laser :( And no detector will warn u early enough

got scooped for 3points last week on the M2 :p

be interested to see what u get tho.

True - by the time you have detected laser the chances are a reading has already been taken - it relies on laser signals bouncing of other vehicles in front of you to give you an early enough warning.

I'm looking into the origanal road pilot.

Gps etc, it has its own speedo on it so u can see your exact speed etc picks up everything apart from lasers i believe but i may be wrong still reading up on it.

but u could fit a laser jammer behind ya grill which they supply as an adition to these units

Also the morheous geodesy plus comes highly reccomended

problem (at the minute) is that in NI there are only 4 cameras and the big "threat" is from the mobile units. the cops sit on motorway bridges etc and on the hidden sliproad etc :(

Yup, Laser's the main problem over here.

I'm thinking a good laser/radar detector with GPS (only a matter of time before more cameras are installed).

Team that with a "Blinder" to deal with the Laser signal and I should be fairly safe :evil:

I've just bought an iPAQ and installed the TomTom3 GPS sat nav software on it. It also came with a free speed camera pack that works in the same way as the Road Angel, but with this method you get the route finder and a pocket pc for the same price(ish) as the Road Angel.

I'm also running a SD715iS snooper to pick up the mobile and laser too - this works okay but you pick up a lot of shite like automatic shop doors and traffic lights.

VW are now selling road angels as an approved accessory. Retailing at 350+vat, I can get them considerably cheaper! :wink: Anyone got one? What they like? and how much is the subscription?