Sign in to follow this  
White2505

Noobie

I have been lurking as a guest for a couple of weeks and have finally taken the plunge.

i am now the shell shocked owner of a 1.8L g reg C

it has all the usual faults sunroof tilts up (but not down and does'nt slide back) already done the search for typical causes!

spoiler neither raises nor lowers either automatically or on the dash switch.

Another forum search turned up some suggestions!

she has very little history but was "allegedly" rebuilt 10K ago being bored out to 2.0l with high lift cams, she also has a superchips icon race ignition computer fitted (not sure it does much though!!)

although there is no documentary evidence to back this up, not having driven a C before I can't tell from performance alone whether it genuinely has been rebuilt to this spec, but as a 160,000miler I'm assuming she's still a 1.8 and needs some serious engine tlc

she's lowered 80mm on koni adjustables and running on 17inch integrale 5 spokes.

also needs plenty of work, the expense has already begun!! but the love affair has definately started.

figure I'll be picking peoples brains extensively over the next number of weeks so thought I'd say hello!!

Cheers

Whitey

cheers, project is definately the word.

wanted something that would be (relatively) reliable and fun to drive but which I could 'tinker' with when time allowed.

figure the tinkering will consist of 'fixit' rather than upgrade jobs for some time yet :)))

figure the tinkering will consist of 'fixit' rather than upgrade jobs for some time yet Smile))

ive been fixing for a year now!

welcome................... to the world of heartache and empty pockets

just kiddin :lol: hope you have many happy moments with your rado if you ever have any questions no matter how stupid they sound just post them up and someone will be happy to help

Sounds like it's had an interesting past though... would like to see some pics!

Welcome to the forum btw 8)

obviously my camera trickery making her look nicer than she is!!

all 4 wheels are seriously curb damaged and need a refurb.

paintwork needs some attention but first step is a full service and trip to the rolling road to confirm what the starting point is!!

thanks everyone, actually FIRST point of call is the post pffice for a tax disc.

which will of course make her look better and add 20bhp (sigh)

dude...i hear those wind screen led's add like 50 bhp!! i've got 20 pair..so i'm running with 1000 hp!! beat that! :D

welcome to the forum!!