Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

opinions on this passat?

Cheap as chips. I have kicked myself a couple of times buying stuff at Mothercare, then looking on kiddicare. Free postage too IIRC.

Gavin

Oh god, don't get a Mk3, whatever you do...

Oh no, er wait, I mean I've got a lovely Mk3 GTI 8v you can have in exchange for your VR.

Heck, I might even throw in a free tyre :D

true they are fairly cheap and practical, but i had one of the last highlines and it was horrible and it was lowered on h&r's, well it was horrible compared to my c so thats probably not that fair, but the worst thing was the fact that boy racers were permanantly wanting give me race, it really started to p*** me off after a while.

yup, I'm not expecting it to come up to the corrado's standards, I'm expecting it to fall way short in terms of handling and power TBH but, considering the reason I'm swapping, its unlikely I'll have the chance to drive it in such a way that I'll notice.

I reckon the 'baby on board' sticker might put the boy racers off ;)

Am I the only person who doesn't like the 20VT - yes it can produce a lot of power but ts rough and characterless - one of the main reason I sold my Leon Cupra was the nasty engine

LOL, and the G60 is the epitimy of smoothness and refinement I suppose? :-)

The 20V T is only slightly coarse at the top end, what engine isn't?

Modern, highly tunable and reliable....what is there not to like about it?

Shares the same ancient 25 year old block as the G60, so criticising the 1.8T engine is to undermine the G60 aswell imo....which you're such a fan of.

Get a MK4.. i've seen some serious inspiration for mine!

one nice MK4.. no the car its from Milton Keynes.. havent seen it abt for a while though... :roll:

I had a Passat TDI auto as a company car, and it really grew on me, because I was doing 100 miles a day it was just almost too easy to drive to the point where I almost fell asleep, just wanted to cruise at 100mph all day long if I could. Listening to the turbo spin down with the windows was fun around town too., almost addictive. I would get a manual 130 tdi tho and get it mapped, wouldn't advice 18s on the passat tho, handling is pretty bad even with factory alloys. so will prob make acceleration worse too.