g60griff

private plates

whats everyones views on these im thinking of buying one, not sure what to go for though. one thats abit like my name or one that spells 'RADO'. pretty good price aswell. im steering more towards the rado one. it looks cool. plus the other one is just my initials.

Eventually bought one a few months ago. Good way of hiding the age a the Corrado, because alot of people dont believe my vr is 12 year old!!

T.

tbh best get something thats more personal,as opposed to something car/model/maker specific......that way you can take it to yer next motor....having said that ive just bought C4 RGK which is car specific and also my initials......nope i aint bought a Citroen either btw :twisted:

as for my plate on my C,well that was on a 944 Turbo i used to own(when i had hair) and IMO is quite a cool plate A2 GON.............means FA other than it has a bit of sentimental value

I think there are some good plates available for the VR6 (VRG), G60 (G60 obviously) and vw (sure i don't need to explain), but in the end i went for something more personal (they are called personal plates after all).

My initials are PSM and I just assigned E1 PSM to my c. The E1 is also relevant as I was born in the E1 postcode area.

I think it's all down to what will make you smile to yourself when you look at your plate. For me it's nice to know it will be relevant to any car I put the mark on.

as for my plate on my C,well that was on a 944 Turbo i used to own(when i had hair) and IMO is quite a cool plate A2 GON.............means FA other than it has a bit of sentimental value

You could display it as "ARGON" which is an inert gas, a nice ironic plate for people that understand what the feck I'm talking about!

A personalised plate is nice if it's your initials (personal afterall), as vr6storm points out you can keep the plastic rectangle that cost you a small fortune! Although a car specific plate always helps when selling the car itself.

I chose the best of both worlds and had my initials and VRG.

I ideally wanted "S70RM" but obviously couldn't due to the year and the price tag of £20,000! If anyone knows of some old banger with the reg "A57 0RM" then do tell me.

Been looking into plates for mine, closest i could get was N VW 60G in 'euro style' which is the same size as UK plates, if only they let me put the G in front of the 60 !!

NVW60G.gif

Or in a much smaller size, too small IMO cos doesn't fill the recess at the front, i could have one of these, what do you think ??

VWG60.gif

You could display it as "ARGON" which is an inert gas, a nice ironic plate for people that understand what the feck I'm talking about!

A personalised plate is nice if it's your initials (personal afterall), as vr6storm points out you can keep the plastic rectangle that cost you a small fortune! Although a car specific plate always helps when selling the car itself.

must admit......... :oops: especially when my plate was on the 944T that i used to hope ppl would read it as A...by the time you get to 2 i'm GONe :oops:

have a look here. They have loads of plates from 250 upward and that includes the 80 quid you need to transfer the number to your car which the private places from adds in the papers dont.

I booked mine and it was on the car 3 days later.

I prefer plates that relate to the car - that way other people can see what its about too, as opposed to your initials which only mean something to you. Rado (is that from having *12 ADO?) would be cool - people in the know would recognise that. That's what I like about my plate, people in the know understand what it means. Plus, selling it with the car makes it more appealing. Each to their own tho.

Dub Style,

there is a H15 VRB for £250 on the dvla site, if thats any help

Storm77,

yeah thats right, for that price aswell i think its good, just hope its still there on monday.

I'm selling my private plate soon B4 JSP.....If anyone has those initials pipe up so i don't sell it to anyone else....Getting one thats more personal to me. I like private plates, takes the age away. I should say 30% of people don't even know what a corrado is so it could be a new car to them if it's in good fettle.

V4LVR is just under 1K

Just found a cool one too but im keeping quiet haha

just a pity that V4LVR aint ever going to be legally on a Corrado :wink:

How you mean?

cos it'll make any Corrado its put on look younger than what it is...............tis the rules of reggie plates i'm afraid to say..in other words you can put an older plate on your car but you can't put one that makes it look newer

for instance you can't put any G-prefix onwards plates on your motor as its a F-plate