Sign in to follow this  
randomist

CHEAP!!! vr6 hi-line? on e-bay!!!!

anyone seen this on e-bay (item no.4585682562) is there such a thing as a corrado hi-line? sounds to cheap to be true! very tempted but it's all the way down in portsmouth & i've got a speeding ban or huge fine hanging over me!

this is probably in the wrong section, soz if it is!

lol.. I don't know where people come up with this stuff.

There never was a hi-line Corrado like there was with the Golf and ALL Corrado's have Karmann interiors because they were built BY Karmann!

Doesn't appear to be anything special about it apart from leather an Audi sunroof (apparently) - but looks to be in ok nick. And at £3,000 for one with aircon too, thats not a bad deal.

it's a 2.9 Hi-Line with Karmann upgrades

schoolboy error!

looks pretty stright... but for a bit more than the buy it now, you could have mine and save yourself a long drive ;)

Odd that he would bother putting a £3k BIN on it when he says" they normally go for over £4k". He must be desperate to get rid :-)

i didnt think there was such thing as a corrado highline but i was told otherwise. So i was right then?

it's weird that he's reversed the first pic, so the steering wheel's on the left had side.

I noticed that too, but from the badge being on the wrong side. probably nowt wrong with it at all really, just an uninformed seller

i didnt think there was such thing as a corrado highline but i was told otherwise. So i was right then?

Who told you otherwise? I'm certain there was no such thing as a Highline.

i've heard people say the corrado storm was the equivalent of the golf highline (both 'end of line' specials), maybe thats what they meant M15 VW?

nope i was definitely told there was such a thing as a corrado highline. I thought i was being a dippy girly cuz i had never heard of there being one

I'm 99.9% cetain there was never a highline.. I might ask RW1 to confirm though.

Mind if I ask who told you there was a highline?

the clocks have been changed too...

may have been!...LOL...My 8v's clock shroud was a bit squiffy like that

RW1 has already replied to my PM and will be adding a reply to this thread.. but the short, simple answer is NO - there was never a Corrado Highline ;)

No such beast to my knowledge was marketed by VAG-UK. Can't speak for a one off dealership doing some marketing trick as one dealer did with Sciroccos. It's just someone trying to sell a fully spec'd VR6. Can't see anything from the photos that changes that, it all looks like a VR6 with leathers.

Perhaps it should be called a Corolf or Golorado :) LOL.

but for a bit more than the buy it now, you could have mine and save yourself a long drive

i'm v v tempted to buy yours, it's killing me being sensible but i'm waiting to hear the outcome of me being clocked at 102 on the m6!!!! in limbo at the mo, can you imagine knowing theres a mint vr6 on my doorstep, know where its been & i've got the cash in the bank! i f-n hate those sneaky vans!

I actually sent him a message to point out that he has been misled about the C, here is his reply:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN PICK HOLES IN OTHER PEOPLES ADVERTS, YOU'VE GOT TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS.. GET A LIFE.. THIS CAR IS WHAT IT SAYS, A VR6 2.9 CORRADO.. ITS HAS KARMANN WRITTEN INSIDE AND I WAS TOLD BECAUSE OF THE LEATHER AND AIR CON IT WAS CALLED A 'HI-LINE' I'M SORRY IF I HAVE MISLED ANYONE, BUT I;M SURE THE PERSON WHO BUYS THIS CAR WOULD KNOW ALL THEY NEED TO KNOW, NO TOODLE PIP OLD BOY, GET IN YA 1.0L POLO AND VROOM OFF...

Bit uncalled for dont you think? Anyone else fancy sending him a message??

I wouldn't waste your breath, he's clearly a just a bit of a tit. He hasn't even found out how to use the Caps Lock key...

You could always send him back a link to this thread tho ;) :lol: