Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Anyone else find that Scirrocco owners are moody...

they all just look at you funny when you wave at them... probably think I'm taking the piss.

I used to think the same about corrados when I drove my Golf, but lately I've even had some rados wave back at me in my lowly mk3 polo!!

Got a rocco and will wave if I see a C.

Sometimes get one back but its no C envy as I have one.. :wink:

I generaly give anyone a nod or a wave if they look like they're into the dub scene... get some funny looks though from people that just own a car that just happens to be a dub but are only interested in going form A - B :lol:

My company car is a Pug 406 (shhhh don't tell anyone) and for a laugh I've recently been waving at other 406's and taxi's - the taxi's tend to wave back because they assume I'm one of them and the occasional 406 freak will wave too :lol:

My company car is a Pug 406 (shhhh don't tell anyone) and for a laugh I've recently been waving at other 406's and taxi's - the taxi's tend to wave back because they assume I'm one of them and the occasional 406 freak will wave too :lol:

LMAO

Sounds like a whole new forum game

'Whats the most unusual type of vehicle that you waved at and had a wave back?

I might try that in my Kangoo!!!

My mum said that other Suzuki Ignis drivers wave when they see her driving in one!

So many mk2 Golf GTi's look moded when they are head on.. yet like you say they are their a-b cars and when you wave they think you're giving them road rage!!!!

Deffo a new forum game... start making other road users in their normal cars feel part of a club :lol:

I've taken it a bit too far with the 406 as the local BP actualy think I'm a Taxi and we have lengthy conversations about where I've been working and the imaginary people I've given lifts too - always leave laughing to myself planning the next story :lol:

I've taken it a bit too far with the 406 as the local BP actualy think I'm a Taxi and we have lengthy conversations about where I've been working and the imaginary people I've given lifts too - always leave laughing to myself planning the next story :lol:

:lol: nutter

i never see any scirrocos on the road anymore so wouldnt know.

New Beetle drivers never wave or flash or acknowledge each other, or "old" original beetles whatsoever. When im in my 1974 Beetle, occasionaly they look, but they look all confused and bewildered.

New Beetle owners aren't allowed to be part of the club.

Agreed :lol:

Same may threaten to happen, IF VW decide to go ahead with their new Scirocco. Those that would own one, would well and truly get looked down upon :lol:

They never give a wave back.

bastards.

Ahem, I as a proud Roccodriver will let that go unnoticed :lol:

Tempest

I always used to wave! but i have flashewd a few roccos and had nothing back whilst in the C, having said that some do wave. Whats worse id the old guys in corrados who blank me!!!

Whats worse id the old guys in corrados who blank me!!!

Yeah I get that in the Scirocco regularly and I'm drawing my pension! Rocco drivers are confused when I do it in the Corrado. Not like the old Beetle days.

These days, flash u're lights and some one pulls out from the side. Not for the faint hearted as the rocco goes into emergency brake mode.

Dub Envy - you should have tried waving at me when i had my Scirroco, I would have waved back, then cursed, as I was despearate to own a Corrado.

Now, in my Corrado, very few C owners in this area.

One, in a green Storm who I see reguarly, nevers waves.

However, various friends, driving shit (technical term - for anything that's not a Corrado, 911, 350Z or a few others) vehicles say i never wave.

Trying to make them understand if they owned something decent, I might have spotted them !

Sadly, it does seem that for a lot of Scirocco owners (not all of them!) the type 53 stopped at the Scirocco MK2 - it seems the Corrado, despite being borne from the same f*cking place as the Scirocco, being styled like the Scirocco, and probably by the same people who worked on the Scirocco, there is no friendly ownership feeling going up the chain to the 'MK3 Scirocco' aka Corrado.

Its a shame really. I personally like most dubs really.. though the aircooled scene still is a bit of a mystery to me ;)

Amen to Jim, there :-)

I for one am bl**dy proud of the 3 generations of type 53s that I own, but must also admit that the non-acceptance of the Rado amongst the Rocco-owners is greater than vice versa.

As far as VW is concerned: I should really remove all those horrible VW-badges on my Mk2 and Mk3 Rocco, as I don't drive VWs, I drive Karmanns. VW just doesn't do it for me anyway anymore since they stopped ordering Corrados from Karmann. Touareg? Phaeton? :lol: Gimme a break ... :roll:

Tempest

Bikers are the same - very fickle. When I was on the R1 everyone gave a nod but when I'm out on the DR-Z hardly anyone on a sportsbike acknowledges me.

I don't often wave at other VWs now whilst out in the Corrado due to a lack of response in the past. If I'm in the Land Rover 90 I get a wave from all the other Land Rover drivers.

Are you sure the Land Rovers are waving with all their fingers? :lol:

Great sticker(s) I saw at Utterly Veedubberly said

It's a 'dub thing. Even I don't understand

Just about sums it up! :lol:

I still wave at anything that looks dubby and well looked after, although there are so many mk2's round here that are lowered and just used as a family A-B beater it sometimes gets hard to tell.

Well I've got to say that as the owner of a Mk I Rocco, most other Mk I and Mk II Rocco (and Golfs) owners are ok and will or wave or flash back but I've never had a Raddo (or Mk III, IV or V Golf) reciprocate, guess I just haven't come across the right sorts then! 8)

They never give a wave back.

bastards.

Oh, we can give hand signals with the best of them. :fist:

:-P :D

Late GT2? Make sure it's an injector, though. That means go out abroad and get one, as all UK GT2 were carbs :roll:

Well, going out in my Mk1 is always a bit of a different experience. Everyone just stares, does the usual 180° headturn. The Mk2 Storm also makes the occasional people turn their heads, whilst when out in the Rado in Coventry, you sometimes get some sad student types trying to challenge you in their Fiats (fully loaded, of course with no less than 4 students) :lol:

Ahem, I must admit, I once was a student, too :lol: But I didn't drive a Fiat :-) or Fiasco, or something else typical studenty :lol:

The thing I noticed with Rocco-drivers in the UK is that because a Mk2 Rocco is now so dirt cheap, they tend to fall in the wrong hands. hence their owners don't care about the Rocco, and are then somewhat bewildered, when they're waved at by another Roccodriver.

VW: Launch that new bound-to-be-crap-Rocco and prices for Mk2s will undoubtfully go up, stopping them from falling in the wrong hands :-)

Tempest

Are you sure the Land Rovers are waving with all their fingers?

If you think the VW community are a close-knit bunch you should take a look at the Land Rover clubs.