Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

quick one - will a v5 engine fit strait into a corrado?

interesting, can't see anything wrong with that logic, maybe with some suspension work it could be made to handle better than a barge...

I've been to a garage very recently where the guys there have already got a 2.7 s4 engine in a corrado. Its a long long way from being finished but its in and running. Been sworn to secrecy, but i expect if it does get finished it will turn up next summer at the events.

Not a priority when running a business but i hope it does get completed!

There's no way on earth that you'd get a V8 in the front of a Corrado - you seen how little space there is around the VR6? :lol:

Nothing (well, apart from seats) to stop you putting it in the back tho :evil:

tsr are doing this conversion

2.7 Litre V6 30V Bi-Turbo into Bora, Corrado, Passat and A4

Our most powerful conversion by far. The 2.7 litre quad-cam 30V bi-turbo engine from the Audi S4 is used, producing 267bhp in standard form. Mated to a Motec engine management system, it is capable of 360bhp. Our kit includes engine, gearbox (2WD only), Motec M800 intercoolers, exhaust including cats and downpipes, wiring loom, cross member kit (required for 4 cylinder cars), V6 radiator (required for 4 cylinder cars) and Ramair induction kit.

There are many variations available for this transplant; RS intercoolers, bigger injectors and KO4 turbos are available at extra cost.

Fitted Price £11160.00

nice price though

ps: poped up to cambridge town center for lunch lol the outher day - loads o corrados up that way lol

Yeah there are - but not many of them seem to be on here. I suspect most of them are just daily A-B cars for people :(

I'm doing me best to convert them tho :D

tsr are doing this conversion

Sounds awesome. Have they actually done one in a Corrado though or are they waiting for someone to stump up the cash?. I see they have already done a Passat, it was in PVW a few months ago.

One of the lads at stealth runs a 1.8t 20v (5v per cylinder) engine in his so i guess they would be a great shout for advice.

Yeah, John. He took me out in it yesterday and I was blown away by the speed! It makes my S/C VR6 feel slow. It's currently setup to 310hp with 340 pounds of torque using DTA management. This particular 20V T has bags of character because it uses an external wastegate from a Porsche GT2 :wink: Discarded boost has never sounded so cool 8)