Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

VW are cutting costs

Was in a VW site today and noticed that both new Polos in the showroom were wearing Kumho tyres - seems like VW are busy cutting costs

Well with those high ex-manager salaries (whores, jewelery for the missus, and other slightly less kosher benefits), no wonder, they're having to save money :lol:

Tempest

Kuhmo's are probably a bit better than Marangonis, but I've yet to hear good things about them.

The best I've heard anyone say about them is "well they're alright, I guess"

Maybe it's a cunning ploy to make people crash more new VW's so they can make more money from selling insurance companies over-priced body panels?

A lad I know had some fitted to the front of his 2.1 8v mk2 golf, coz he need some tyres fitted there and then and he says they are w*nk.

I had some Kumho tyres (admittedly from the cheapest end of their range) on my last Mk2 Golf and I'd only describe them as dangerous in the wet. I've got a set of 16s for the Corrado running on Marangoni Zetas and they're actually pretty damn good...as are the Hankook K104 tyres on the Sebrings.

Not all budget tyres are as bad as the Nankang NSII tyres I had on the 17s in my sig.

I've got a Marangoni on my Golf it just made me laugh because it's such a funny name that I'd never heard of. There's actually a tyre van that I see driving round town quite a bit with a Marangoni advert on the back. Apparently they're the 'intelligent tyre' and come with a 'lifetime warranty' - presumably that means they're so flippin' hard that they never wear out? :lol:

The Kuhmo's do seem to get recommended a lot state-side, but the few Canadians that I talked to who had actually tried them said they were pretty poor. They've obviously just got a better name or advertising out there...

I had some Kumho tyres (admittedly from the cheapest end of their range) on my last Mk2 Golf and I'd only describe them as dangerous in the wet. I've got a set of 16s for the Corrado running on Marangoni Zetas and they're actually pretty damn good...as are the Hankook K104 tyres on the Sebrings.

Not all budget tyres are as bad as the Nankang NSII tyres I had on the 17s in my sig.

I got Nankang NSII's on the front, dont find them bad at all, muuuch better than the falken theat were on there!

Apparently they're the 'intelligent tyre' and come with a 'lifetime warranty' - presumably that means they're so flippin' hard that they never wear out? :lol:

unfortunatly you liftime will probably end when you find the first sharp corner :lol:

ture the cheap ones are pants but the 712's are on a par with toyos. I have used em on 3 diff cars, all very good. i have used the asym onse also and they were pants!!! lol