Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

cheap corrado vr6 'highline'

Hi,

Totally new to this as just registered. Have been running a Golf VR for a year.

I'm nervous as I've just bought the Corrado VR6 that was advertised as a 'highline' on ebay! I realise that was an error but the 'changed clock' bit in someone's reply on the thread worries me.

It seems to be a very tidy car - history, dry engine bay, chain a wee bit noisey, but interior very nice and not worn

Should I worry?

I have to say, the guy selling was very nice - he just didn't know the true description.

Cheers

Well confused advertising aside, it looked like a nice price and a tidy car. You'll have to get a few more pics up for us.

Have you already picked it up? :)

Picking it up at 4.00

It did look very nice.

Mileage seemed to match the wear of the interior - has obviously been well looked after.

I bought it as a bit of a risk as I'm no expert. I know the usual VR things to look for as been running the Golf, but don't yet know if Rados have the same issues! Shocks are a bit shot, but that aint the end of the world eh...

To be honest, at the price I paid, I'm willing to throw a grand at it to sort out any problems there may be.

Ta

I wouldn't worry to much mate, it looks really nice for the money, the speedlines look to be in good nic too.

As you said, you've had a vr6 for a year so should be able to tell if the chains are rattly as fook or anything major sounds or feels wrong with it.

Have a look at this : http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5124

Just ask about the clocks, the shroud does seem to have been moved lookingat the pic, but gauge the sellers reaction to the question, there may be a perfectly good reason for it, like i said in the other thread, i bought a 95 8v that had a shroud like that, and there was no signs that the mileage wasn't genuine, it had a F/S/H and evey MOT since new with it aswell. (( EDIT-- I ended up replacing the shroud as it was cracked, cost £15, stopped my dash squeeking aswell! :) ))

good luck...and enjoy.

P.S...and certainly don't let a negetive feedback score from a dodgy car seller push you into buying a car if you're not 100% about it. :D :D

When you get to know me mate you'll realise being pushed into anything isn't an issue! I mean that in the nicest possible, non-violent way!

Thanks for replying to my question - it's really good to get others opinions.

I reckon it's a good car for the money.

Cheers bud.

lol..nah..they look more brown than black!.

another thing to look at is the handbrake, im not sure if it's the angle of the pic, but it looks like the handbrake isn't straight, on corrado's the handbrake can need welding at the base, not a huge problem, but just worth looking at. :D

have a look...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 69&start=0

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... ke+welding

The VR clocks have Corrado written on the rev counter only, which it looks like those ones do.

The red needles are also right for a VR.

Oh by the way mate - I think the handbrake is fine - the plastic trim around it is a bit loose, but it seems ok.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm quite shocked at the golf's handling now - almost bloody dangerous in the wrong hands compared to the rado.

God they look good from all angles eh!

Ok, my next worry....

Went back to the car after an hour and the windows were misted up. A leak?

I looked at the floor and stuff so I know it's not water coming up through a hole or anything....

Any ideas anyone?

hmmmm..sounds like heater matrix mate.

check the search, theres a few other things it could be, be misty windows sounds like the matrix (( not the one with keanu reeves))

a bit of an arse of a job aswell.

Oh....

Yeah I've heard all about that job!

Not a massive problem though - I had 4 grand and so have one left for just such things!

And I know a very reasonable mechanic!

Not a massive problem though - I had 4 grand and so have one left for just such things!

Good man - best thing to do when buying an older car...

Just reading some related threads....

Doesn't seem to be any odd smells at all.

Just going to check coolant level again.

I have to say though - I'm completely smitten after 4 hours! It's staying whatever the problem is!

Loved that Rado vs. 325i coupe article - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I've just remembered!

I got some warranty with it, so if it is the heater matrix he'll have to cough something up towards it!

Cool