Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

cheap corrado vr6 'highline'

Double-6's whereabouts are you from? i know car was for sale in portsmouth and just wondered if we had another forum member from the area!
There appear to be quite a few in the Portsmouth area. At least five that I know of in the Waterlooville area, not all forum users though :(

Double-6's whereabouts are you from? i know car was for sale in portsmouth and just wondered if we had another forum member from the area!
There appear to be quite a few in the Portsmouth area. At least five that I know of in the Waterlooville area, not all forum users though :([/quote:ed737]

yeah i know, bloody maervelous, i got the car coz i never saw them round here!!!! ah well always good to see another C on the road though!

hey all.

turns out the misting up of my new motor was largely due to the air-con being set on 'recirculate'.

Thank feck for that! The matrix is a scary proposition at first but once the dash is stripped (about an hour's work), it's plain sailing. Stealth did mine on Friday and it took 2.5 hours. My windows were steaming up too. The matrix had a hairline crack at the bottom of it which was expanding when hot allowing a small amount of coolant to escape, but the box it sits in can hold quite a lot of water before it starts flooding the footwells!

I was expecting to have to do that at some point and thankfully it chose the warmest October in history to let go :-)

Glad you're enjoying the car 8)

2 and a half hours to do a heater matrix?? do they have superman working at stealth.. it took me nearly 9 hours to do mine, but got no annoying sounds coming from the dash now. :D

Vince = Superman (albeit a cigar smoking version) :D

Could have just as easily been any of them though.. once you've done jobs like that a few times, you learn the shortcuts, locations of all the screws and bits etc.. just like Henny having taken his engine in and out of his car so often, I bet he can do jobs on that engine that would take mere mortals like myself days to do, in a matter of hours.

i will see if your right then jim, as ive talked myself into doing another matrix in a couple of weeks, but at least this time, i will be getting paid for doing it, :?

Well you should at least be able to shave a good hour or two off your previous effort! I'm sure of it! :)

2 and a half hours to do a heater matrix?? :D

Oh yes, couldn't believe it myself. I arrived at 9:30, stood around drinking coffee for a bit and by 12 it was in!

What helped though was me removing all the audio equipment and dash trims the night before, which only took me an hour. I basically just drove up with a bare dash, with wires hanging out everywhere :lol:

We undid the dash retaining bolts, leaned it on the seats, seperated the heater box from the bulkhead, lifted out the shagged matrix, cleaned out the leaves and dried coolant etc, dropped new one in and job done. By 2pm he had removed the slop from my steering column and fixed the rad fans too. He doesn't hang about 8)

I know what you're saying Kev... I reckon I could have done the heater matrix in about 4 hours having never done one before, although it's taken me nearly 5 weeks so far driving around with the clocks gaffa taped onto the steering column support bracket in a state somewhat like below due to some seriously crap wiring I found and a lack of time to put it all back together... :oops: (obviously, the car now has a steering wheel and the instruments, but that's pretty much how she's being driven around at the moment... I am SOOOO missing my stereo... :( )