Sign in to follow this  
pacificshack

Kiwi Corrado

Yes, I was in the right place at the right time. I know someone who use to import them and had a spare one. It consisted of all three parts, $760NZ all in. Runs like a dream.

Weathers awesome here too! 25c and blue skies!

Off for a wee drive Sat am with a few VW friends so willl take some pics.

Cool, please stop posting photos of NZ, I really want to go there again!

Three friends are living in Queenstown at the moment, and its so tempting to go and join them.

Driving there was so much better than the UK.

Just thought I'd share with you all what our weather is like here at the moment!

Miltek running superb. New K&N air filter and headlight looms fitted.

New alloys in the pipeline...enjoy.

Thats not fare. 2 days into our visit to NZ a me and a mate took a 10 minute test drive in a Skyline, which had nearly no petrol, we got totally lost and ended up leaving Auckland via the harbour bridge, so that brings back some cool memories.

We returned to the garage about 50 mins after we left, and made our apologies.

My ex used to work in the ANZ tower, not sure if its still ANZ, but it had a blue top on it and was one of the tallest buildings in Auckland other than the Sky Tower obviously.

pacificshack- enjoying the photos- corrado & the scenery & admire your determination :notworthy: in running a scarce car in NZ. I also read that the only places the "dirty" valvers were sent to was the UK & Italy so VW must have thought the Kiwis were dirty b*stards too :shock:

Any idea how much money I would have to scrape up to emigrate to New Zealand?

Phil - yes the ANZ tower is still here! I can see it on my deck in my back garden.

There is a lot of development here at the moment, building work going on everywhere. We've got the Rugby World Cup in 2011 which is going to be awesome. Now's the time to be in Auckland.

Moving wise, it took me about 18 months to go through all the paper work, medicals, checks to the time I actually got here. Moved out Sept 2003, so been here 2 1/2 years now. Loving it, there is a lot of space and the people are terrific. Good natured and you can go out at night and don't have to put up with the yobbo culture which use to put me off in the UK.

Cost - My partner and I saved up nearly £30k over two years. Saved on salary, lived with parents and kept everything to a minimum. Once we had the money, about 18k went on our wedding, honeymoon and flights, leaving us with about 10k.

It then cost about £2500 to ship everything out (including insurance which is the biggest cost), and about £3000 in fees for immigration (we used a company which is why the cost is alot higher). The money left equalled to about NZ$10000 which was enough for us to live on. I starting freelancing, then went full time and was granted residency. Did this for a year before starting my own company which is what I do now. Just one year left to wait and I can apply for a kiwi passport. And the funny thing? I have to swear my alliance to the queen at a ceremony - something I never did at birth!

Overall well worth the move. My wife and I have never looked back. Great place to live, brilliant people, peace and quiet and as far away from George Bush as you can get :)

Cheers

Ian

By the way - Being here is not a 'lucky' thing which people have a habit of saying your soo lucky living there. I worked skin to bone for 2 years to save and do it becuase I was determined. Anyone who has the same dream can also do it, it's all about how much you want it, not how lucky one is.

Nice pics mate, weather amazing here aswell, but a bit too hot for the G60, the sun has melted the top of my door card trims !! Small Radiator can't cope with the heat either.

Agree with you on it not being a luck thing, took me over 3 years to get my Australian residency sorted !!

Hi carpoid, I've heard about the weather over there - just been watching Sky news tonight and heard all about the bush fires in Victoria and SA. Adelaide is over 40c at the moment!

Sun here is very strong - doesn't do much for the paint!

My rubber trim along the top of the drivers door has slightly melted too!

No worries on that score here, but it was sunny yesterday about 10 degrees C & I was able to walk about in shirtsleeves. Saw a young bloke in Sainsbury's today in a pair of shorts & flipflops-think he must just have got off a plane from Oz or NZ, either that or he'd lost the plot!

UK-Optimax + cool air = a more responsive engine & the tarmac does'nt stick to your wheels.

Still I'm sure some of the "views" :tongue: on the beach there would more than make up for it being a bit on the warm side.

Ha! Well if we're starting to get all competitve about things there is a garage not far from where I live which sells to the public racing fuel (100+ octane) :twisted:

That mixed with a bottle of Nulon and your away!

As far as cold air goes, I can't do much about that, unless I bolt a fridge to the air intake!

Am planning on a new air intake modification in the future. However all my budget for the car has gone, just become a home owner.

Oh Sainsburys...

some hot weather there then! its snowing here atm! thats like frozen rain,,rain is like what you swim in falling from the sky! madness i tell ye!!

Looking very nice on those rims - I have always been a fan of these on the C... it's a shame they are so rare now as I'd buy a set in an instant - even if I had to sell a family member to get the money :lol:

Whats the next plan for it?

Looking good Ian - car and weather

Lived in Gisborne for a year - fantastic place miss it too bits!

i shall be back someday with the vr in tow!!

Edd

Thanks all for the comments.

I've been spending a long time getting inspiration for this from what other fellows have done to their Corrados. This forum is a terrific resource to have - imagine if the internet didn't exist?

I've just returned from the UK after spending 3 weeks there. Too cold for me. Came back home to NZ - guess what? It had been 25C everyday, blue skies. I say it had been, as soon as we got home that all changed! Wind and rain.

Miind you I have just woken up this morning to this, so it can't be too bad!

FInally got around to sorting out the problems with my wheels. I needed centering rings. So had some custom made ones produced from a set of Momo's.

Also put on my Black Diamond disc's, painted the calipers red, and to finish off JAMEX springs all round.

Next up is an FK grill to put on. I have it, I just need to work out how to fit it.

Then a custom airbox and finally a re-spray in Aqau Blue.

Took her to the Top Gear Track Day on Saturday. Managed to get a few laps of Pukekohe in (one of NZ's main tracks). Handling was good, but was up against Merc's, a BMW Z4 and a Holden Commodore SSV8, hence came last, but really enjoyed myself.

She's a 1.8 16v with upgraded Nology HT Leads. Going to build a custom Air box for her at some point in the future, any other ideas how to make her quicker?