Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Super Corrado Vids!!!

Check this out, an Audi S3 engine in it!!!

/quote]

Thats the great thing about rado's cause the shell is built so well and galvansied we will see more and more hi tech featured engines being installed! Not that there is anything wrong with the stock lumps.

Long live the rado!

Yee-ha, those vids are totally awesome, the Scooby and Mitsi drivers must have felt well, so.......totally.......owned !

Pick a gear and go...the rado' destoys them both easily, nice !

Cheers

the corrado driver has an advantage in that its him doing the 3-2-1-go! countdown, I'd imagine the delay in the scooby drivers reactions accounts for the corrado shooting off so convincingly, if you notice once they get up to speed the corrado doesnt actually pull away much. Hate to say it guys, but between a 300bhp scooby and a 260bhp corrado its not going to be as overwhelming as in that video.

The G60 advert and quite a few other cool Corrado vids are up on Andi's fastpurple site - http://fastpurple.co.uk/corrado/vids/

Apparently the helicopter they borrowed to film that advert was actually painted bright pink and the terms of use said that they had to return it in the same colour that they got it.

So they painted it black, filmed the ad, then painted it pink again :lol:

Funny how some bits of trivia just stick in your mind... :lol:

Edit: And having just watched that Scooby vs 20vT Corrado video - the guy doing the countdown is in the passenger seat of the C, so shouldn't provide much (if any) advantage to the C driver. It does look like the guy in the Scooby has appauling reactions and glacial gear changes though...

I think theres one in the for sale section, black, wearing RH zw1's although i dont remember whos it is, IIRC its up for £5200

Someone was asking about a 20vT install this week - apparenly there's a place charging £2k to install one - plus the cost of the engine/loom/ECU etc

don't no what would be better,selling mine and buying one thats already done,or doing mine?wouldn't mind having the dash conversion aswell

I would tend to disagree, Scooby's and EVO's (not as much as Scooby's) lose a large dose of power through the 4WD transmission as well as the rado having an advantage due to it's lighter weight etc.

And in both videos, the drivers of both cars had chances to do the countdown and then start / floor-it. The point is I feel, that a rado with lesser power but lighter weight and a good strong modern engine will win hands-down over these heavier cars with bigger power. Agreed though, the driver has a lot to do with these battles but not as much as you would think.

Anyways, about these conversions, the way I see it, rado people have a few options open to them to increase power and torque etc whilst keeping it still VAG:

1. 20VT conversion / swap e.g 150BHP / 180BHP / 225BHP (easy, conv. getting cheaper and reliable 280-300BHP poss. with minimal mods, over 300BHP with better rods / pistons / bigger turbo, can use factory G60 management) [i reckon you could do one yourself for around £2500 installed including base engine, QPENG conv. loom and other bits req'd)

2. 16V turbo conversion well-documented in UK and Stateside, 250BHP conservative but 300-400BHP poss.)

3. 8V turbo conversion (v.popular stateside but not as much in UK, cheap to do, reliable and 220-250BHP easily attainable with no real major work, 280+BHP easy to attain with few mods, not as expensive as 16V / 20V or 8V G60)

4. 8V crossflow G60 (not heard a lot about this over here but popular Stateside, 250+BHP, availability of parts needed and necessity of custom manifold etc.)

5. 2.0L 8V big port / valve G60 (250-280BHP poss. attainable, not that well-documented though over here as yet and expensive)

6. 20V G60 conversion (250-300BHP easily attainable, kits available (Volkspeed?) IIRC

Cheers

is it just me or are these vids not working now? oh yeah................hi, newbie hoping to get a 20v turbo corrado next :D

Wow, I don't even remember creating this thread :lol:

lol, i've been searching the forum or 20vt threads and this one cropped up!

You should be able to get an AGU 20v, ECU, keys etc for £1000, cheapest way to do it instead of buying.

I see those faces they pull all the time hahahahahahahahahahah, priceless.

Agree a 260bhp corrado and 300bhp scooby will not be that much in it, i know they're pretty even