Sign in to follow this  
dr_mat

Sub for the car? 110dB at 1Hz?

mmmm. makes vibrations from 30Hz down to 1Hz.... and the point of that would be what exactly... has no-one else wondered why no-one else has bothered making one of these before? ;)

Presumably to jiggle your brain around in the empty skull it occupies*?

*Empty skull if you've actually purchased one...

dinkus, I'd bet I can produce a similar effect with a cricket bat and a stepper motor... ;)

"just sit here in the optimum listening position..."

*THUD* *THUD* *THUD*

"Wow! That bass is sooo low I can actually feel it... "

:roll:

Well, it's a cunning trick, but it's ineffectual for anything you can realistically hear. It's role is really to fill in that really deep stuff that gives you visceral impact for e.g. explosions and so on.

It's a sub-sub-woofer, really. You'd still need a decent standard sub to fill in the 30-100Hz range that's weak on normal speakers.

I like my OE Sony tape player in the VR, thanks .. :)

This one was geared more towards home cinema use, but they are talking of doing a smaller version for ICE use..

33hz i think, i'm sure i have a 'bass test' cd in the house somewhere with a 33hz track on called 'the knee wobbler' for just that reason.

I'm sure it was a cheapo max power freeby (yes i know, but i was young once) I'll try and find out what it's called. I'm sure it was done in associtaion with 'topfuel' though, who i think are a record label who produce a lot of CD's exclusivly for nova drivers.

I remember looking at one of those free Max Power CDs once. I've never forgotten the name of the DJ as he sounded so corny...Norris 'Da Boss' Windross. I definitely didn't a) buy the magazine or b) listen to the CD. Who knows he may be a decent DJ, anyone know of the chap?

1Hz, LOL!

There's no DVD/CD recorded at that frequency (there's no point, it's just on/off) and I really don't think modulated fan blades can pulsate the air quite like a decent sub in a proper cabinet can....so yeah, it's pretty pointless and you can get fans for £9.99 from B&Q.

The 33hz thing is an urban myth but it keeps the chavs happy as they think they have a back up plan if they fail to make their chavettes cum using the normal (and preferred) methods.....

the normal (and preferred) methods.....

Revving their 1.2 and setting off the fake dump valve sound? :lol:

CDs have infinite low frequency bandwidth, but you're right - none contain any 1Hz sounds because microphones won't pick it up ...

Every subjective review of this gizmo has been positive, it's certainly capable of producing some serious air movement at extremely low frequencies. As for being any USE, that I seriously doubt.

Nice little science project, but that's about all.