Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

anyone in Blackpool....?

hi guys...

might be a longshot but i thought i'd ask anyway... would anyone in the Blackpool area be able to go view a C for me i am thinking of purchasing? its a bit of a long trek for me to make if it doesnt suit (though i dont doubt what the seller says about condition etc) and i'd quite like a thirdpartys view on it if poss.... will provide golden beer tokens as well as the chance to look at a lovely Rado.... :lol: :wink:

drop me a pm if poss and i'll get back to you as soon as i can get online again!!!

cheers!!

Is it Sambos car?, I certainly remember when he first got it thinking it was a cracker. If its not his then disregard.

scarlett...Not another 'c' surly?...just to rub my nose in it! :p

It's only cos its got those stunning borbets on it and Dave's got a fetish for them. :wink:

It certantly is my car gareth, cheers for the info

What are the details of the car mate?

I can pop over for you scarlett if you like? But would rather know more about it first :)

No worries pal, here some details(lots sorry!)

Flash red(fadeless)

94 l-reg with service history mainly by the dealer where it was bought

fk/koni fully adjustable suspension

bonrath uprated top mounts front

new vw rear top mounts

eibach arb-s with powerflex poly bushes

280mm front brakes with new pads and g60 calipers

new ate rear disks,bearings,pads

new dizzy and leads

jetex panel filter

new vw center exh box,powerflow rear box with round tailpipe and new cat

uprated headlights(dipped and high beam) & uprated bulbs

lupo wipers

khan steering wheel,leather/chrome h.brake lever,gear knob

pheonix gold components front,alpine high end 6.5"rear speakers,alpine cd player

all above done late last year and this year,every eleccy bit works inc abs,rear spoiler,heater controls,sunroof...etc

Engine covered 154k last owner said that previous owner to him had the engine rebuilt at 125k but i cant prove this as i havnt a receipt

however i had it checked at dubsport and it had factory compresion(got the proof) and never burns any oil

i had new tappets put in and a kr cam with new chain and cam gasket than rolling roaded at dubsport 158bhp,157lb/ft torque,pulles really well

never had any trouble with it whatsoever apart from dodgy idle, traced it to the throttle pot,fixed it my self,spot on since

phew!

yup - Sambo's is the one!

its the car I want my current C to look like... but if he's selling it then why not.....? :)

stanbates would be forever in debt to ya mate if you could, would cover petrol costs etc....

tho if osv says its a goodun then really whos to argue, he obviously has great taste in rados....

and walsey, the Borbets aint on it.... i have my own set of new wheels to be going on it...... and how do u know bout Daves fetish...? :p

(tho, if u really want another rado, I may have one spare in a few weeks... much cheapness....)

:)

Ok, Im going to Bispham (in Blackpool) tomorrow anyway. Sambo, fancy meeting up somewhere mate? early afternoon though.

if Sabo doesnt come back online then he has given me his mob no to pass on to arrnge to view it.. PM me if u want it...

cheers very much....

Sounds like a date!

no worries m8, the only thing is that we want be able to drive it as its not taxed as i explained to laura earlier(unless we'r naughty!)

sambo you have pm mate.

scarlett, I'll sort it with him, and report back on sunday as I wont be coming home til then, ok with you?

fantastic mate... i should be able to get online on monday if u wanna pm me.. or i can give u a mob no....

thanks very much both of you....

cheers again...

am all excited now...!!!

2 red rados!!! i think i may need professional help..........

:crazyeyes:

lol... now all i have to do is persuade Dave to buy one and we could have 3 outside the house!!!

seriously tho, the current C will be fixed and sold.... :( i don't want to but Sambo's may just be too good to miss....

Scarlett, Car looks good :)

There is a small scuff on the bottom of the rear bumper, and thats about it really.

It goes well, started first time, no smoke, and pulls really well (I reckon it would be close to my VR ;)).

All electrics work, and for the price I think its worth it. If there is anything else, just give me a shout.

thanks Stan... glad you enjoyed the drive.... cant wait to see it myself now...

I'm buying the beers if I see you at a meet!!!

much appreciated... :)