Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

Broken Electric Recaro Seat? Wont recline? Ideas?

Basically looking to buy a Corrado iv seen, and one of the little issues with it is that though its got a well nice electric recaro interior the passanger seat only moves forward but not back, what do u guys rekon this is likely to be? Motor or Fuse, or something else? If is the motor how much of a job is it to replace one?

Cheers

the registration isnt k5 koo with half leather recaros is it? i sold a rado that had this fault if it is this car the motor needs replacing.

It could be a gammy switch - a cheap fix is to get a can of switch or contact cleaner (Halfords sell it) and douse the switch in that. If it then works then it was a £3 fix :)

It could be a gammy switch - a cheap fix is to get a can of switch or contact cleaner (Halfords sell it) and douse the switch in that. If it then works then it was a £3 fix

I'll second that, if you press hard on the switch they do work then, most of the time if the motor is working one way, then i dont see why it shouldnt work the other way.

Why thank you dinkus - i think i'm going to attempt your £3 fix switch fix idea as i have this problem too.

Keep the finger on the switch with a bit of added pressure and hey presto = seat movement