Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Why does everyone rave about Storms?

What's all this heated leather talk every corrado in canada came with heated leather or cloth seats, my mk2 gti has heated leather corrado seats even :-P . The corrados made for canada all came with heated seats, heated mirrors and A/C the 93.5's all came with those headlight washer things.

The US and Canada have extremes of temperature that justify the standard fitment of air con and heated seats etc. Would Americans buy a 'luxury' SLC with no air con or bum warmers? I doubt it! Neither items are essential in the UK so they made them options, the tight gits! It rarely dips below -10 in the UK mainland (scotland gets colder) which is nothing compared to what you guys see over winter. An inch of snow brings the UK to a stand still!

An inch of snow brings the UK to a stand still!

Only in England! :lol:

The US and Canada have extremes of temperature

Most of the US doesn't get that cold eastern canada get super cold though we just get mostly rain where I live.

When I lived in Victoria, BC they were just as clueless when it came to dealing with snow as we are. I have to say I was surprised at the time.

There are a couple of extras on the storm that although you might not think would, do improve the cars looks. Such as the colour coded grill and that really shines! then you have the obvious such as the badge heated leather and the fact that ther are only 500!! 250 mystic blue 250 pearlesent green. Has anyone heard of another limited edition where there was only 6 MADE!!!! (5 now as one has been written off) called the campagne i think?? it has brick red leather

I'll just add my two pennorth if I may. as the owner of an Ice Grey Violet VR6 I would enjoy owning a Mystic Blue (my favourite colour)Storm as in my eyes this was a run out model to celebrate the last of the Corrado's (okay it may have been done to shift stocks).

I would change mine for a Storm if I could afford to, but can't so will continue to enjoy mine.

Also if I had a Storm then I suppose my next ambition would be to own a Campaign (but that ain't never going to happen).

As an aside a long time ago I used to valet cars at a Ford dealership when some Jersey Fiesta Poplar Plus's came in. The dealer then stuck some naff stickers on, some fancy wheel trims and some rubber mats and charged people a £500 premium for a "Limited Edition" model. They sold like hot cakes.

Marketing triumphs over common sense any day of the week.

Whether we are Storm owners or not, atleast we are all appreciative of the Corrado, which can still turn heads ten years (approx) since they made the last one.

There are a couple of extras on the storm that although you might not think would, do improve the cars looks. Such as the colour coded grill and that really shines! then you have the obvious such as the badge heated leather and the fact that ther are only 500!! 250 mystic blue 250 pearlesent green. Has anyone heard of another limited edition where there was only 6 MADE!!!! (5 now as one has been written off) called the campagne i think?? it has brick red leather

Plenty of non storms have heated leather.

I would have bought a mystic had I come across one worth buying when i was looking (most of them were rats, unlike some of the ones on here) and green is not my color, but that’s only my opinion. In the end I went for my car as it was just what I wanted. I had obsessed over moonlight blue since seeing asim's vr6 (which i can't believe has not sold yet??)

So it’s all in the eye of the beholder, simply down to an individuals taste.

My missus does not get the corrado ting at all. She thinks it’s a pain in the arse to get in and out of the door esp when wearing high heals - If her prerogative in a cars dictated my own I would be posting to http://the-diesel-black-cabs.net

However In my personal opinion (which is where we are free to differ) I know I would have been well chuffed to have owned a limited edition of an already rare classic such as the corrado esp in mystic blue. But I would not swap one for my moonlight blue now that were are together :)

Whether we are Storm owners or not, atleast we are all appreciative of the Corrado, which can still turn heads ten years (approx) since they made the last one.

Couldn't have put it better myself, at the end of the day were all in this for the same reason to keep a true motoring legend alive.

I used to own a Mystic Blue storm myself and it broke my heart to get rid of her but needs must at the time. However I would never look down my nose at any C owner regardless of type spec engine size or condition.

At the end of the day its all about the car and peeps should leave their ego's at the door and be happy in the fact they are the proud owner of a Motoring Icon be it a run down 200,000mile H plate 8v (no offence to anyone if they have one :)) or a 10k one owner from new VR6 last edition fully loaded C on an N or even P plate.

Some peeps need to take a leaf out of the air-cooled community and be a bit more chilled and appreciate the fact its a Corrado at all and that its alive and not rusting in some breakers yard somewhere. :roll:

..........dis-embarks soapbox!

I have a price list from 1995 which shows that all leather seats were heated, it was not an option, Storm or not, and in fact i've yet to see a Corrado with factory leather without heated seats...anyone got one? Mine did accidentally come without the heater elements from new and the owner got them retro fitted foc from the dealers.

Non storms only come with leather if you get it as an option, hence more money

Without a doubt, the most sensible thing that has been written in this thread.

I agree completely and I'm gonna lock this before it gets going again.

on early cars, heated leather was an extra cost to just standard leather (which was still shed loads more than just standard cloth... )

Pretty certain that continued onto the later cars too, although I thought all storms had heated leather as standard... :|