Sign in to follow this  
TITAN

lack power over fueling

SOS can anyone help me""""""""""""" :(

my G60 is over fueling and drinking the juice when you put your foot down

clouds of black smoke poor out the exhaust the plugs are cokeing up due to the lean fuel i just done a fuill service and was going to book into local git

shop to get em to sort it but if its something i can please let me know :lol:

cheerrssss ps not using oil or water i did a compressiomn test all pot ok changed fuel filter and air super charge is ok thanks.......

OK, Check for boost leaks and check the vacuum hoses for leaks and damage too.

Start the car from cold with the bonnet open and then disconnect the blue temp sender connector... if the engine doesn't change how it's running as you disconnect it, then replace the BTS 'cos it's dead...

Could also be the Lambda probe... check that it's connected (connector block on the rear engine mount - rear left of the engine bay down low) and that the wires appear to be in good condition... disconnect it and see if there's any difference when driving - if not, it could well be dead.

Welcome to The Forum by the way... 8)

Could very well be the Blue Temp Sensor at the front of the block. When mine was stuffed the power was erratic and the fuel consumption was crazy. Its and cheap easy fix too.

Thaks guys ill do this and keep you updated many many thanks.

Aqua Blue g60 is the same as mine henny :lol:

Once agian thanks.

u can fit them and there is details but there a a bit unclear but thanks.

I should sort out the fuleling problem first!!!

You can fit one but the fact that a supercharger produces boost all the time means that you already have a dump valve of sorts (on the throttle body). There's a butterfly which diverts usused boost back into the secondary inlet of the charger when the throttles not wide open and the engine's not "using" all the boost. If you look on the top of your throttle body you'll see lots of little mechanical bits and bobs and if you manually operate the throttle you'll see some other levers and stuff moving beneath the throttle body (it's a bit hard to see). This is the boost return mechanism. Some people blank off the secondary inlet to the charger as it feeds warm air back into the charger which ultimately is a Bad Thing. They then put a small breather filter onto the outlet near the throttle body. Then you end up with a big bunch of noise as the unused boost mentioned above is vented to atmosphere rather than back into the charger.

fitting a dump valve to a G60 makes it sound like a wet fart...

you need a boost return deletion kit which removes the boost return hose, blanks off the right side inlet on the charger, puts a catch can on the oil breather and a small filter onto the ISV... 8)

Right ok i know u dont need one but i love the dump valve sound .

Thanks for the help. am just off to check the blue sensor foe this fuling proplem ill let you know wat happends cheers guys

Guys i unplugged that blue sensor and the engine ran even worse so that sensor ok whats my next step ????? lamber sensor replace???????

disconnect the lambda sensor and take the car for a run... if it's no worse, then it's worth getting someone with a multimeter and some know how to check that the sensor is working properly...

Ok will do thanks dude would not bleave that am i Technical fleet adviser

lol. i was thinking of changing all the vac hoses what you think ?

always a good idea on a G60... make sure that the one from the ECU to the throttle body is EXACTLY 1meter long and 3mm internal diameter else the ECU won't know what the engine is doing properly and will run like a sack of cack...

Right ok i know u dont need one but i love the dump valve sound .

I think the boost return Mod gives a sorta wooshy type sound when you let off the throttle..

8) CHEERS MAN let you no what happens. both ypur cars look mint mate

never seen a silver g60 before

Thanks agian

all of you have :mrgreen: been a help!!!!!!!!!

GUYS DO YOU NO WAT SIZE VAC HOSES I NEED I KNOW ONES IS A 3MM BUT THATS IT!! DONT WANT TO REMOVE THEM TO FINE I CAN NOT GET EM THANKS