Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Prep for a 2nd interview

Hello!

I've got a second interview for a job with ABI tomorrow and they want me to make a presentation to them...

"The brief is that you are working for Audi and meeting a customer who is looking to potentially change the BMWs their sales team currently drive. The contract is to be renewed at the end of the year and the cars are purchased rather than leased.

The idea of this is that it is a similar process to sell their own products when customers are renewing subscriptions. They sell their products based on the features and benefits against the competitor’s product. This is the same principle but with a product that you can easily research and will be familiar to you.

They will be asking you questions and giving objections to see how you handle it. They are looking for you to demonstrate your ability to establish need, sell features and benefits, handle objections and close."

Ok so I'm fairly happy to talk about Audi and why they are better than BMW - they currently have 320's and I will need to sell them on the A4...

If you have any suggestions as to what I should include in this pitch I will be very grateful :D

Can't really help with the above but i'll give you ten english pounds for every time you mention the word 'Corrado' in the interview altho I will need evidence on some sort of audio recording device before any funds are released...

one sentance should suffice

"your sales team will no longer be reguarded as w*nkers"

sit back, fold your arms and wait for the job offers to come rolling in.

seriously, and sorry if you've thought of this already, if they're buying the cars rather than leasing them then they'll be interested in residual value and (I guess) servicing etc as it'll come out of their own pockets rather than the lease company. In terms of job skills it shows long sightedness and planning for the furture rather than the here-and-now impact.

that by driving an audi they are entering a more elite club, and they might get let out of turnings more often, meaning they would spend less time on the road and more time earning morwe bonus.

Audi make cars where the indicators work... 'nuff said... ;)

of course, what Chris said above is good too... :lol: Initial cost/spec, residual value, servicing costs, cost per mile, theft/vandalism targetness (is that a real word?!?) etc as well as image (dare to be different - or was that SAAB?!?) have all gotta feature in there somewhere...

Good luck!

Worth doing some brand investigation. What does BMW say about your workforce? What would Audi say about them that is advantageous?

See if you can find results of a study on perceived Audi brand values.

http://www.brandchannel.com/education_glossary.asp

Have a look at this paper as well - might give you some ideas, and might give you something to reference (you could even print a copy of the report to give to the interview panel for their reference!)

http://www.jyanet.com/cap/2002/0316fe0.pdf

What are the perceived values of Audi cars? Well, speaking personally, I'd say

- understated but efficient

- high quality

- innovative design (historically)

- depdendable

- unobtrusive

I'm sure you can come up with loads of similar crap of your own ;)

I'm sure you could mention that audi have developed the fuel efficient FSI engine and how much fuel it is going to save them, not to mention how it will reduce the tax for the driver due to lower co2 emmisions. :wink:

.......and pretty sure it was the 3 series(tho could well be the Merc C-class)...................that has outsold the mondeo for a few years now....so hence residual values will suffer due to the market being saturated with 3's (or C's) :oops:

Well the Audi A4 came in at number 55. Still looking for the 3 series.

*EDIT*

Ah, number 38. Best not mention that then :)

It seems the BMW 3 series gave the Audi a slapping in the JD Power survey too and came third in the class.

hmmm... it's gonna be a tough one then :?

I guess I should start with spec/price comparisons, then go on with economy/performance/servicing ending with residual value... chucking in detail about security and image as I go :D

any more suggestions of good websites for info would be handy ;)

I think the main things you need to remember are to keep it interesting. It can be all to easy to get bogged down on trying to find out all the facts about the differences between them -

But remember they will know about as much about it as you will (unless they are enthusiasts!)

So keep it interesting, light hearted and most importantly - get them involved in the presentation, ask them plenty of questions - and keep them open ended (I'm assuming you know all about the different questioning techniques??). The more they talk, the less you have to and the more interested they will be in you!!!

Even if it's all a load of bull that you tell them, if you make it interesting and a bit fun it won't make a bit of difference. But if it's all factual and you presenting at them you'll lose their interest very quickly!

Hope that helps!

Thanmk you for all the advice...

Blue_Joe, I can't make it factual as all the data I have researched makes the BMW better than Audi...

All I can work on is image, and you get the sport kit Audi for less than the bog standard BMW (there's only £500 in it though :roll: )

So fun, involving and full of sh1te is the only way to do it I guess :lol:

Phil, it's really important that you cover every point mentioned in the brief, don't stray too far. build on it yes, but make sure you answer the question!

I think you need to break it down into what the prupose of the cars is/are i.e. establish the customer's need for:

hard wearing

reliability

comfort

badge

someones already mentioned image - to me, a bmw fleet car says the company's wasting money where it doesn't need to - an Audi seems alltogether more hard working and honest.

then show what elements/features of the Audi meet these needs. It's all in the brief.

And GOOD LUCK!!!!