Sign in to follow this  
Storm77

'Turn your head lights off!' buzzer

You'd think that Germans being Germans would have kitted the Corrado with a warning buzzer for when you leave your headlights on. They were obviously thinking of crafty places to store the warning triangle and first aid kit and forgot. Unless they were fitted and mine is broken?! :oops:

Well I recently got a guy to fit a warning tone (quite soft sounding) which wires into the cockpit light so, when the door is open and the lights are on, it goes off. Trouble is, cos it's on the cockpit light, it goes off when passenger gets in or out too!....doh, should have wired it into the driver door pin?

Oh well, it does the job so no fear of flat batteries anymore!! Anybody else done something similar?

The problem you will have with wiring it to the driver's door pin is that it will still "see" the passenger door opening.

As both pin switches are used in the driver's door, you will need to piggy-back the wire onto the pin switch NOT used by the interior light. Both wires in their are brown with white stripe so you will need to diconnect each to find which is the light's wire.

hope this will help

(think it might be from the CCCGB site, hope this isnt a problem :oops:)

Lippy

Hi,

Where do you get a soft tone 'buzzer'? I'd rather have a chime than a buzz, so Maplin's out :D

Cheers,

Rica

Well as there's a write-up on how to fit one, I'm guessing they weren't fitted as standard. Cheers for the info - not sure whether it's worth doing urgently as the current set-up works OK (apart from when I have passengers getting in and out!). The tone I have is just a soft continuous beep which I'm pretty happy with.

I've looked at this and have gotten as far as buying a buzzer in Maplin and sussing where to connect it - I'm gonna wire it up to the the green light in the main light switch - this means it'll buzz whenever the parking lights are on (not a prob 'cos I never use them and anyone who drives around with parking lights on should be publically executed anyway!) but when you turn of the ignition with the heads on it'll buzz. Have found the right terminals at the bak of the swithch but getting time to do it is the only problem now. I'll put up the numbers of the terminals whenever I get around to it.

markmcie, nope, the Corrado came with all the luxuries of self actuating spoilers and a fancy trip computer, but nothing as hi-tech as a low fuel light or lights-on buzzer :roll: