Sign in to follow this  
corradophil

VDO Centre console gauges

Jez, as i said i tried these guys before and they said they had done them but couldnt get um anymore. Top work fella, they are doing them again now and mine arrive wed next week along with a sender for £17 all in (off an lt van!??)

Cant wait. Fancy posting a how the hell do you wire it in note!!

Sort of. The ones for an early dash are 2 separate, round gauges set into the plastic mounting panel.

The all-in-one type pod is only for the late-spec dash.

do they do them for an early dash?

Dom's right but the gauges don't light up the pointer needles. There are 52mm VDO Cockpit Vision Gauges that give the same night time visual effect I posted up early in this topic. Exactly the same but in a round gauge. (The mounting panel illustrated is not VW's part, that goes where the cassette holder is.)

I can get these. For £105+ VAT

The reason they went on back order and are so hard to find is because VW were boxing LHD units in RHD boxes .. Although my contact as told me if i have a chassis number for every order then he'll supply them.

But it was made clear to me, NO chassis, NO order.

Contact me for more details ( email mailto:[email protected] )

I can also get hold of Genuine VW/Audi bits - but limited on the older parts.

From the guy who annoyed Phil :p

:) :wink:

From the guy who annoyed Phil

:lol: I can be very impatient when I want to be, plus I don't think my boss was too happy about me taking an hour and a half for lunch.

Cheers for sorting it out for me though mate, do doubt you'll hide next time I come in. :wink:

From the guy who annoyed Phil

:lol: I can be very impatient when I want to be, plus I don't think my boss was too happy about me taking an hour and a half for lunch.

Cheers for sorting it out for me though mate, do doubt you'll hide next time I come in. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

It was missfortunate trust me..

won't happen again i assure you :)

Jez, as i said i tried these guys before and they said they had done them but couldnt get um anymore. Top work fella, they are doing them again now and mine arrive wed next week along with a sender for £17 all in (off an lt van!??)

Cant wait. Fancy posting a how the hell do you wire it in note!!

I believe there is a how to from a while back if you do a search for 'gauge panel'. It seems simple enough though its only four wires. Need to get the sender though...

Yeah, its just the sender location i was after. Ill post some picks when i fit mine on wed anyway cheers bud. cant wait wuhoo!

New update guys:

Hi Stan,

The extra gauges we spoke about, voltmeter and Oil pressure, that's a yes! we can get some for you :-)

It retails at £123.98+vat

Our price is £98.08+vat

If the guys want to get a qty of 5 or more, then the price is £91.08+vat

Delivery per unit is £8+vat.

I hope this is ok!!

Just let me know Stan,

Cheers!!

Bob,

Also I have confirmed they are the centre console OE ones, and he sent this too:

One thing I didn't know until Friday though was that the oil pressure sender is not included! so we need to add that. I've been told to use the sender from the L80 VW @ £15.85+vat,m so that needs to be added to the cost Stan.

So that is £15.85 + VAT for the sender, and £99.08 + VAT for the gauges = £114.93 + VAT = £135.05 total inc p&p + VAT.

How does that sound to you guys?

I make your total £143 :)

BTW the gauge panel is £91 + VAT from vagparts and £17 + VAT for the sender.....

99.08 + 15.85 = 114.93

114.93 x 1.175 = £135.05

The £99.08 is inc p&p, Ive also assumed more than 5 people, (price without p&p is £91.08) and the sender is the price quoted.

The supplier IS Vagparts ;)

(This is edited from earlier, in case the thread has just confused people :lol: :lol: )

You're forgetting that he works for a stock company in IOM... It's second nature to accidentally mis-calculate prices ;) :lol:

£91.08 + £8 is £99.08 which is why I thought you were calculating the single unit price....

Your sums weren't far off - it's just because you said £98.08 that I assumed you were calculating the price for each set (and added on the £8+VAT P&P), rather than the GB price.

£135 is what I've just paid for mine and XBones'....

Yeah - although he said £17.07 + VAT for the sender which differs to yours.....

OK, well he is doing a GB for the parts. Im sure you can ask him for one at the same price.

As soon as he gives me a link to the GB I will add it to the GB section ;)

Still, £135 inc sender isnt too bad is it?

Seems pretty good Stan on what I paid 3 years ago. Almost that on the gauge unit alone at GPC.

So that is £15.85 + VAT for the sender,

This has me thinking. It seems cheap for a sender unless it's the type that has only a single connection and no built in pressure swtich.

If its the pressure gauge sender only connection type, then you are going to need the banjo connector and two compression ring seals. Parts 035 103 715 - 1 off, N 013 806 4 = 2 off. The oil pressure switch will have to be re-used.

If it's the dual pole gauge sender & pressure switch combined, then the sender goes straight in the nearside front position oil pressure switch position and the switch wire goes to the "WK" connection on the sender, "G" being the gauge connection.

I'm very interested in this, but would prefer to fit the gauges in place of the ash tray which I never use, rather than under it in the space which I find useful.

Is there a separate mounting panel available for this, as seen in one of RW1's postings?

Best wishes

RB