Sign in to follow this  
OK VR6

Corrado VR6 Vs Fiat Coupe 20v T

Kev.. the car might have the engine of the starship enterprise under the bonnet, but its revoltingly ugly. Even if I had the money, i'd never own a Cayenne! I'd have a bloody 911 Turbo!

So is Vicki Butler Henderson to my eyes but I know plenty of blokes that wouldn't say no ;-)

You're just a shallow heathen, be gone with you.....:-)

Yeah OK, I admit it, I am the 1 man Cayenne fan club, LOL! :-)

"What did the VR6 get? An ancient 12V traction engine, useless brakes, cloth (unless you sold your gran for the Storm), no air con, ineffective TC, 4x4 ride height, crap headlights, crap door handles, queer spoiler, **** sunroof and a chassis from a car designed in 1979. But that's why we love them"

Floopin ell!

12v - designed to make you want to drive it just for the hell of it with the windows down while it's snowing! The TVR Griffith has a V8 from the 60's/70's, I'd rather have a sorted one of those than many cars today

Granny's Leather - Mine had leather, didn't cost me much

Sunroofs - who needs em?

Headlights and ride height - sorted for £500 ish, compare that to filling in the axe wounds on the Mc Fiat and respraying, it's not too bad

Queer spoiler - Thats why I always wanted one!

Chassis from 1979 - actually it's several left over bits of old chassis....

People that don't take into account what cars look like aren't real car enthusiasts in my (correct) opinion.

Nah you're still wrong about the looks. Subarus aren't exactly super models but they well loved by millions.... why? Because of what it can do. Cars are multi faceted and in my (correct) imo, only shallow people put priority in the looks.

tbh thought much the same of the Cayenne as you Jim til i saw one in the flesh with big rims etc...............quite a mean looking mutha :twisted:

I've seen bloody loads of em Rodders.. I live just round the corner from a Porsche dealers and the science park where I work seems to have its fair share of big Porsche/BMW owners. No matter how many I see, they never grow on me.

I do admire the engines in these things, don't get me wrong.. the noise off them is sublime and I bet the performance is electrifying. But i'd much prefer them wrapped in the body of a 911 or something that doesn't look quite so grotesque! :)

But i'm happy to go with the agree to disagree / each to their own adage - I just can't bear SUV's i'm afraid! :D

Hey I'm not shallow!

Lets take this slagging match to semi-skimmed milk!

No I'm just kidding, I am shallow, I don't like being seen talking to Hugo too much because he doesn't shave and smells funny....

If someone gave me a Cayenne, I'd probably drive it for a bit, and feel good in it before selling it to buy a second hand 355 GTS.

But, for a coupe, a sports one at that, looks should be pretty high up the ladder for a potential buyer. Admittedly some cars do have to be designed for those with no taste such as a Cayenne and a specific person who apparently wants a turbo....

I'm going!

You can't catch me!

Yeah the Coupe market is slightly different, it's generally is biased more on chique than dynamique, but it just so happened the Corrado is one hell of a looker and actually drove darn well too.

If I didn't genuinely love the Corrado, my jesting about handles and sunroofs etc woudn't be a joke!

The Cayenne appeals as it's a big thug of a car that I'd love to chew up some toff's manicured lawn with.....

But the Cayenne is only bought by toffs who are too afraid to go offroad! In fact driving onto a lawn is probably about as exciting as it gets for your average Cayenne owner.

The kind of vehicle for gnarling up toffs lawns with is a dirty ass landrover V8 - the sort that has been going for about 15 years and hasn't got a single piece of straight metal on it, and has lots of patch up jobs with that plate metal just riveted on to it! :)

a firend of mine had a n/a 16v version and it was a nice car but it used an abnormal amount of oil and the exhaust constantly melted it's rubbers :? imho i would'nt touch one but the 20v turbo is quick, but the chassis is said to be on it's limits running 220 so i would'nt want to push it anymore

The Cayenne appeals as it's a big thug of a car that I'd love to chew up some toff's manicured lawn with.....

I can understand the appeal of the Cayenne but it's been well-proven that they have an unbelievably limited off-road ability. The 'toff's lawn', being prety close to that limit, makes them somewhat pretentious. I've got a 20 year-old Land Rover outside that would happily school one off-road.

I think for the money I'll agree with Jim and take the 911 (and a Land Rover) :)

I've driven both 20vt+16t,Bieng in Italy i can say i've seen loads of them,standard the preformance is okay on both,timing belt AND balancer shaft belts are pigs,just like the old delta intergrale EVOs,side by side racing on motorways with a 20valve coupe turbo will,unfortunatly,pi$$ all over a modified G60 or VR6,build quality is very good on both versions,rusting is un-heard of over here in Italy because of the climate,Kevs right,the corrado is a good looking motor but has many downfalls but,let's see a fiat coupe in 13 years time next to a corrado, condition wise,who's going to win??...

Well then i'm mystified how my modded G60 kept level with that 20v Turbo.. I didn't imagine it, I checked the badging at the lights so I could be sure it was the real deal. Either his car was ill somehow, or he just didn't drive it properly.

Im thinking of selling the raddo,

I know its going to be difficult but it needs to be as good looking and faster then the my raddo.

I want something a bit newer than the corrado but just as fun, M3, Fiat Coupe....?

Anyone with any recommendations got about 7-9K.

Looking at the http://www.carstats.co.uk website , it does seem the fiat 20vt coupe is one quick motor, 0-60 = 6 secs 1/4 mile = 14.6 secs... and thats a standard one....

It would take a mean rado to keep up with one of these, then again can you really go from buying a Vw to an italian car which apart from the engine will probably fall to bits due to rust...

IMO although quick they aint much to look at really and personally does not attract the same crowd, a few chavs near me own them... yes the same chav brigade that previously owned another one of my favourite cars the citreon paxo....

Performance wise they are better value for money, no denying that, they are also better specc'd up, late models have 6 speed,leather & a/c. I personally wouldn't buy one, but thats not to say it isn't a good car. If I had 5k for a coupe I would probably get an S14A, but strecth it to 9k and more likely to get an E36 EVO or R33/Supra TT..

cool, Normal M3 or Evo, same say Evo is over stressed engine.

Supra is cool, went in my mate RX7 recently, they FLY...................

Supra's/R33's can be tuned to no end, depends on your preference really, Obviously supra's are RWD where as some R33's have 4WD.

M3 EVO's aren't any more stressed then a normal EVO, they just have BI VANOS, which is basically VVT, and they also have about 200cc more then a normal M3..THey also score well on the interior, most R33's I have seen have budget cloth interior! Personally I would prob get a Supra TT...

insurance is way too high for M3, Supra is more than half the price for a TT :D

Its a huge car tho, with equally high running costs, its going to be hard to decide what to get

Going back to page 1, and the link to the mag article, it also contains the Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 24v, now surely thats is better to compare to the raddo? And it looks better than the FIAT, and has more bhp, and sounds a lot better!! If theyd put a 24v engine in the C, and made the interior better then I dont even think we'd be having this conversation. Do you? (waiting for a whole new host of replies now lol :))

Honda integra. Looks sh1te but goes quick, also will need flat cap, comfy trousers and slippers so be sure to budget for that :wink:

Fiat Coupe is faster than corrado but...which one is a soul and unique...? of course it is the corrado. Fiat-pininfarina made a copy of The Corrado...Fiat Coupe is a corrado alike........;)

Yes the Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 sounds amazing and it looks lovely too!

I have never driven one so have no idea what they are like. Just from the looks, sound and badge, I'd rather have one of them than a fiat any day

Going back to page 1, and the link to the mag article, it also contains the Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 24v, now surely thats is better to compare to the raddo? And it looks better than the FIAT, and has more bhp, and sounds a lot better!! If theyd put a 24v engine in the C, and made the interior better then I dont even think we'd be having this conversation. Do you? (waiting for a whole new host of replies now lol :))

Thats Jays car for you bud :wink: