Sign in to follow this  
GrahamU

New to this forum

Hello, I thought i'd introduce myself, my names Graham

I have a small collection of V-Dubs and have just bought myself a Corrado 16v, it's in need of alot of TLC and the paint is terrable, a kinda cross between the original Nugget yellow and a very poor blue sprayed, possably with a can over the top of most of it...

I've now sorted the tickover out which was very lumpy and missing on 1 cylinder and today have been changing the fuel pump.

I only paid £600 for it and bought it for the interior (leccy recaro's) but I've driven it nearly everyday since, forgot how much fun they are, not as quick as my Bora but more of a drivers car..

I may now keep it as my next project, if I ever finish my Mk1

So heres a pic

rado1.jpg

I used to own a G60 and would like to know if anyone know if its still about Reg J389 CUC, I sold it to a guy on Canvey Island in 2002, and last time I saw it, it was looking a bit sorry for itself.

Heres a pic of my old G60

corrado.jpg

Hope you like

mate, that's a very tidy looking Bora.. never went for them much, but i'm impressed! ..that said, it's good to see you've found your way back to the 'Rado though ;-P

Hiya mate.

Watched that raddo go on ebay and you paid less for that car than the seats are worth alone.

I sold a set exactly the same for £850 recently, you got yourself a good buy.

Vilcomen. :D

Welcome mate, once bitten lol.

( My mate who sold me the rado I got now, is looking for another cos he misses it! )

What's up with the front bumper on the 16v? Or is it the picture...

thanks for the comments guys.

Errr the front bumper, as I said it needs alot of TLC and its on the list to be put on straight as soon as I find a splitter for it.

hi graham and welcome aboard , that was one tidy g60 you used to have , gpc are the cheapest for a new front splitter

where are you ?

hi graham and welcome aboard , that was one tidy g60 you used to have , gpc are the cheapest for a new front splitter

where are you ?

Cheers GIXXERUK, I'm in Beccles, Suffolk. I hadn't thought of GPC, and its only £30 + vat, p+p.

Anyone know why its cheaper for the deep splitter or is there a mistake on the web site ?

I have a feeling the GPC prices are back-to-front. The shallow splitter is £30 and the deep splitter is £60...I think.

sometimes they arent the best with prices, if they say 40 i aways say 'but i thought it was 30?' and they say oh yeah thats right mate! :lol: :lol:

sometimes they arent the best with prices, if they say 40 i aways say 'but i thought it was 30?' and they say oh yeah thats right mate! :lol: :lol:

I'll give that a go, you never no, they may fall for it :lol:

Been busy on it today, I've now finished changing the fuel pump, lowered it and changed the wheels for some 16" Momo Arrows I had in the garage so it now has legal tyres (old tyres were scrubbed out completely on the inside edge) must get tracking done tomorrow, and finally did a tempery bodge on the throttle cable which was sticking, will get a new cable this week and do it properly.

Looks sooooooo much better now, only problem being that while I work on the C, I aint getting the Mk1 done :(