Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Tim's G60 - Finally started on her again...

Fitted my ddi dials today and am well happy with the results.

Also wired in my boost guage. Just need to paint the needles with something to match the boost gauge. Some kind of flouresent orange.

Any suggetions to a good product 8)

Well bit the bullet and bought a new front splitter from GPC. £102.10 inc delivery and VAT :mad: . Nearly choked on me pastie but the old one was more fibreglass than plastic :oops:

So got it fitted dreckley and stuck on my german plates as well.

Mate of mine who is a member of our estemed law enforcement was looking round the car and didnt metion a thing 8)

Just got to find the time (or someone with the time) to give her a good polish.......... :lol:

Looking very nice mate - those splitters cost a fortune! I still really want german plates.

http://www.germanplates.com.

Really good. Mailed me back to make sure he knew exactly what I wanted.

Didnt want the D on them as I hope to get away with not drawing too much attention from the long arm.

So far so good. They have been on for about a month now.

Splitter was damn expensive but really helps to tidy up the front end.

Thought I had a bargin though at £87 but he forgot to mention that there was vat to go on top :mad:

Oh well :oops:

The thing that worries me is that if I do get stopped the plates along with my indicators flashing red might be enough to get a prison sentence!

I'd get without the D as well infact I think some places (don't know about http://www.germanplates.com) can do a GB with the german lettering.

Havnt seen that. TBH I keep my old plates and a roll of tape in the boot just in case i need to use the" sorry officer have just got back from a vw meet" line

Well. she is looking pretty poorly at the moment but I am getting there.

Have taken off the old mashed bumper.

The new rs one is at the spray shop getting preped and painted and should be back by the weekend :D

Whilst having the bumper off have cleaned the intercooler and all the metal I can get too. Took the battery out and was horrified. Rusted to buggery. Have cleaned it and hammerited it to try and stop the rust but what is the best solution????

Have refitted the plastic arch trim where it was pushed back against the wheel and thankfully that was the only problem.. :D

I had horrible visions of bent metal bits but there isnt really that much under there.

And have also rubbed back and hammerited all the front under the bumper and the front slam panal that I can get to.

So all in all quite a healthy exercise. Have also rubbed back and hammerited the bumper mounting struts....

Anyhows some piccies 8)

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

mate i just failed mot on rusted battery tray, quite common if old batt has leaked, got a new panel from gcp i think for 18quid and got it welded in

i left it at a garage whilst getting a whole load of other stuff done too, but from my receipt it looks like he spent around 3hours working on it, but i cant tell its been done now,

HAvnt updated this for a while now.

The badger damage has gon.

Thanks to andy for selling me his rs bumper.

Will get some pics up soon.

Been very busy last couple of days.. Have fitted the new bumper. Fitted a new sunroof THAT WORKS, WHilst doing that changed all the grey trim to black so only have the dash and the heater matrix replacement to do inside.

Changed all the carpets to black to match the leather... Fitted a new radiator to cure the niagra falls of a water leek I had ( about 10 miles and flashing red lights..arrgh), fitted mr beiges shift light. and given her a good wash and wax.

Just looking for more performance things to do now as have got bored of the cosmetic bits for now?

SHe has already had a rebuild to a stg4 on the charger and a smaller pully and sns chip to match. HAd had a straight through zorst with no cat. I have a jabba filter on as well to let plenty of air in.(duck behind a wall out of range).... TAken out the cc to let plent of air up to it. The head was a new one about 18tho miles ago and the bottem seems pretty tight so am happy with that.

What would peeps reccomend for the next thing to do? Bearing in mind I am getting married in sept and pretty skint at the mo.

Prob got a couple of hundred to spend.

Cheers Tim

fmic, thats what im hoping to get sorted in the next month or two. just need to sort out the pipe work. hopefully should make a difference if we have a hot summer

could also delete the boost return? the charger stays so much cooler now its not sucking re-circ hot air, cool enough to touch after a good thrash, which is all a bonus i reckon!

any idea what power yours is putting out as its pretty much same spec as mine! just for a comparison?