Sign in to follow this  
dark_sounds

pics of audioscape16-17cm pods?

I am pretty sure these are the ones. I sold them recently due to lack of time/commitment to fitting them :)

are they that big a job to fit? I reckoned it was a) take of door card b) take off pocket c) take off pants d) attach new pockets e) fit doorcard?

Not sure taking your pants off will help, but what ever floats your boat :-)

yeah it's very easy. You just have to watch that the curvature of the Audioscape pods sit tightly against the door card or you'll get air leaks.

Once you've screwed the pods to the cards, you'll notice how flimsy the cards feel in comparison to the pods, so you might want to strengthen the back of the cards with some glass fibre and resin, or some dynamat.

Keeping the speakers as solidly mounted as possible is the name of the game ;-)

Not sure taking your pants off will help, but what ever floats your boat :-)

No, It does help, I took my pants off when fitting my pods and the bass response is amazing...

Although taking your top off to change your radiator doesn't help at all...

...and taking your pants off to change your radiator is unfortunatly dangerous due to the proximity of the fan.

Guys please...our friends from Norway have different traditions and methods of doing things....we're so up tight in the u.k....all these silly laws against fixing your car bullock naked outside your house and such like :roll:

thats why i had such problems i only took my socks off when fitting my door pods, if i put my pants over my trousers when i soundproof my boot will i get better bass response?

are they that big a job to fit? I reckoned it was a) take of door card b) take off pocket c) take off pants d) attach new pockets e) fit doorcard?

Dude, please solve the mystery, what the hell did you mean by the pants thing?....it's had me and my wife giggling all day.

take off pocket then pants, pants meaning trousers and trousers have pockets so if removing pocket visa vie aka you must remove your pants too.?!

...and taking your pants off to change your radiator is unfortunatly dangerous due to the proximity of the fan.

Guys please...our friends from Norway have different traditions and methods of doing things....we're so up tight in the u.k....all these silly laws against fixing your car bullock naked outside your house and such like :roll:

haha, yeah, y'all with your tea, cookies and walesians (spelling?). I forgot, you're supposed to reattach pants after step d). Fitting the doorcard with your wiener swinging may be harmful if you catch it in a clip or your zipper or whatever is in its way.

Dinkus, you're supposed to screw the top off the radiator. :lol:

billinjahg60, you got it.

And Walesy, stop harassing me for my methods :p They are just as fine and accepted as yours.

Well I tried that, but it was too small... :lol:

:lol: what was too small? :D :D :D

:lol: what was too small? :D :D :D

The radiator... obviously :p :lol: