Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

VR6 Highline versus a Nissan 200sx

I love the front end.... like the side view (sideskirts coming this week) and HATE the rear end :D lol

Should have got the touring model mate, free skirts ;)

Gorgeous motor though, I miss mine :(

I love the front end.... like the side view (sideskirts coming this week) and HATE the rear end :D lol

Should have got the touring model mate, free skirts ;)

Gorgeous motor though, I miss mine :(

Didnt want touring model as it has gay leather which is no good for cornering :-P plus the non touring model is rarer ;)

My car does have a few options over the non touring model anyway that even touring models didnt get! 8)

Didnt want touring model as it has gay leather

The lesser know option on the Nissan extras list! gay leather...

I never had a car with leather before and at the moment I am learning the car rather than pushing the limits so I am quite liking. Sure once the summer comes round I wont be as keen.

Like your idea about getting parts second hand, any thing you want to send my way will be gratefully received. :) Does that go for your clear indicators? I looked at apex performance and the price for clear indicators shocked me!!

Clear indicators - Buy a cover from a fluorescent light, remove your lense. Place lens on the clear plastic cover, draw around it and cut it out. Put the flat side on the outside of the car, and the bobbly bit facing inwards. Job done.

Thats an official "unofficial" mod, and its on the SXOC too 8)

With a air leak and just 16psi it got 351bhp and nearly 400lbft torque :D - once the mapping is set up correctly it should be good for 380bhp @ 20psi !!!

Jesus.... can the standard gearbox, prop and rear diff handle all that grunt?!?! :-)

LOL :D

- Clear indicator prices shocked me as well... but I didnt buy them - they were a present from my best mate for bday :D

- Kev: the gearbox is pretty much on the limit with that sort of power and it is his next job eventually but its holding up well - about 400bhp is the limit on the gearbox then its time for upgrade... they usually start blowing at around 400 - 450bhp...

Rear diff / prop can take pretty much anything - known cars with 600bhp on forum on standard diff - no problem at all... APEX is building a 700bhp monster with an imported HOT engine and will be using standard diff and prop :D

Cool, sounds like the SX is over-engineered like the Skyline then ;-)

Amazing how much you can extract from oldish 2.0 4 pot! It's the same engine as the Pulsar GTIR isn't it?

Cool, sounds like the SX is over-engineered like the Skyline then ;-)

Amazing how much you can extract from oldish 2.0 4 pot! It's the same engine as the Pulsar GTIR isn't it?

It is VERY over-engineered 8) - we are starting to see 700-800bhp SR20DET engines...

But yes its the GTIR engine :D

Except the 200 has decent brakes and clutch as standard ;)

So why is it we can get so much from a 2.0 4 pot, and not very much at all from a 2.9 V6? Is it down to the way they are made, and materials etc????

So why is it we can get so much from a 2.0 4 pot, and not very much at all from a 2.9 V6? Is it down to the way they are made, and materials etc????

One word (ok well two)

FORCED INDUCTION

But even with a turbo on a VR, its nowhere near the 700-800bhp a 200 can get to.

Thats because compared to the SR20DET the VR engine is a tractor engine :lol: - it has 6 cylinders but is pretty basic in that respect... 2 valves per cylinder.