Sign in to follow this  
dannyc

Recaro Q

is it possible to fit any recaros into a c like out of a rs turbo or do they have to be out of a c cos of the subframes?

i think the later cos the subframes seem to be part of the seat and not bolted together like on the turbos.

You can't straight-swap many seats into a Corrado becaue they sit so damend low and seats from other cars tend to hit the roof-liner.

With some subframe buggery, it can be done though - sometimes you don't need to do too much to get them in.

scirocco subframes apparently allow RS seats to fit nicely... unfortunately thats all i remember so its a pointer for you,,,

If you've got some corrado subframes (rocking horse s**t, Gold dust etc) :( , these will bolt straight onto Ford recaros and into your Corrado, Golf 2/3,polo upto mk4 Recaro subframes will also fit but sit 1 to 2 inches higher front & rear.

I'm not sure if Recaro's were fitted in scirocco's from the factory but if they were, I'd suspect that these would sit nicely in a Raddo.

Using subframes from a standard Scirroco will work, as the seats sit lower, still higher than a Corrado but lower than Golfs etc, but its not a straight bolt off or bolt on job.

Here what I have done in the past;

1) Get 2 scirocco front seats, seperate the back rest from the base, strip the base to the bare metal shell, Grind off all un-needed sticky outy bits (back rest hinge, seat pan etc) which will be obvious when your looking at the bare frame.

2a) (If retrimming, neater finish) Seperate the Ford Recaro seat, back rest from the base, strip the base to the bare metal shell, position the recaro metal baseframe on top of the scirocco subframe and weld them together.

Rebuild the seat and have a trimmer cover the subframes ( looking side on) by extending the material or leather from the bolsters.

2b) without stripping the ford recaro's, weld the scirocco subframe and the ford base together, (without setting them on fire) if you do it this way you can see the subframe when you open the door as there is no plastic panel covering them.

Hope this helps people :)

DAZ

dazfxvw, is it not possible to use the standard subframe out of a corrado??, the only thing i dont like about the corrado recaros is tht they adjust electricly and when motors start to go wrong ur screwed when you cant adjust the seat.

its more the fact that corrado recs cost alot more and are harder to come by. i'd have a pair of corrado sub frames cos i'd be doing the decent thing and scrapping the standard seats!

i'll have to have a closer look, at least i know its possible now

any pics anyone while were on the subjuct?

Can I jump in here aswell please, Doeas anyone know if the plastic covers that clip over the runners are recaro specific?...or do they use the same ones as on standard raddo seats?

Cheers,

Yeah I would assume that they are the same, I have a pair from recaro seats and I was going to throw them but I want to make sure that they aren't specific recaro ones before I do.

its more the fact that corrado recs cost alot more and are harder to come by. i'd have a pair of corrado sub frames cos i'd be doing the decent thing and scrapping the standard seats!

i'll have to have a closer look, at least i know its possible now

any pics anyone while were on the subjuct?

no, standard seats are about 2" wider.

dazfxvw, is it not possible to use the standard subframe out of a corrado??, the only thing i dont like about the corrado recaros is tht they adjust electricly and when motors start to go wrong ur screwed when you cant adjust the seat.

Yes mate I forgot to say, you can use standard corrado seat subframes aswell, but they will obviously be more expensive than scirroco ones.

Can I jump in here aswell please, Doeas anyone know if the plastic covers that clip over the runners are recaro specific?...or do they use the same ones as on standard raddo seats?

The Recaro plastic trim is recaro specific, the corrado's is in 2 pieces, one covers the motor at the front and one that covers the subframe (has 2 holes for the switches).

The golf recaro trim is different again, theres only one piece that covers the subframe and it only has one switch hole.

they are the same,so not recaro spefic,ive got recaros in my car and i used the plastic runner trim off my old seats

:? I think I got a bit mixed up, your on about the bit that covers the subframe slider ( the bit welded to the transmision tunnel)

Sorry these are al the same. :D I think I got a bit mixed up, your on about the bit that covers the subframe slider ( the bit welded to the transmision tunnel)

Sorry these are al the same.