Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

In Germany now

... for a major piss-up tonight, struggling with a German keyboard, but already having driven my mate´s 5-cyl. Audi coupe, nice roar :-)

Still sober as well :oops: :lol:

Tempest

lol.. not for long! ;)

And stay away from that Audi.. its poisoning your mind into selling your Rado!! :)

Pass on my regards to Dirk!

You might go into your nearest VAG parts dept. and see if they can do cheap(er) oil pressure/voltmeter consoles (part nr. 536 919 527) for us right-hand drive people.

Alles gute!!

RB

German ebay do things for the C a bit cheaper as well by the looks of it.....

Might delay my big spends till I move out.....

Make sure you don't drink too much. Leave some for the rest of us ok ;)

Sober again, well at least I think, but we´re off to the Xmas Market in Karlsruhe in a few minutes :-)

The Audi Coupe did tempt me again, oh yes, the sound of that extra pot is addictive :-)

Let´s see whether I have space left to tkae stuff back, a G-Lader perhaps ?

Piccies should follow shortly :-)

Tempest

Don't forget some lebekuchen... *droooool*

Hey, if you think one extra pot is addictive, just imagine what 2 extra ones are like ;) :lol:

It has to be said though, the old 5 pots do make a fantastic and unique noise.

Try Lidl in the UK, they have Lebekuchen aplenty.

Still i n D, had some Glühwein, yummee :-)

Loads of pinball sessions on real 80 and 90s pinball machines :-), courtesy Dirk´s toys

Tempest

Find out why they won't buy in proper Germany Curry Sauce - surely there is demand for the stuff over here!! :)

I'm a store manager for Lidl...What you want????

Don't forget some lebekuchen... *droooool*

:D

Thing is, Darlo's a fair bit further away from me than Harlow! :lol:

It's a kind of soft ginger bread usually covered in icing sugar or dark chocolate. It's a German speciality thing that I've not found available around here for any kind of sensible price - It's all imported by those posh shops that charge you £4 for a microscopic chocolate :lol:

I don't think it has a name in English, so it should be called/labelled up as Lebekuchen (Leeb-coo-hhhen)

If you can get me some, I'll send you dosh for it and postage and you'll make my Christmas :)

Oh and no idea what ladelkufter is...?

What about curry sauce mate? :) Think the german name is Curry gewurz or similar..

Just re-read my post, and spotted the mistake: It's Lebkuchen, not Lebekuchen, must have been pissed again at that time. Oh well, the pictures speak for themselves of what's happened over the last 2 days, sham it's over.

Yes, every Lidl in the UK does all sorts of German Xmas goodies, imported and sold at reasonable (not delicatessen) prices, including Lebkuchen. I have plenty at home, bought from my local Lidl in Bilton nr Rugby. But guys, don't you start emptying the Lidls out from all this stuff, as otherwise ther won't be anything left for me :lol:

german name is Curry gewurz or similar

Gewürzsoße or Currysoße, Gewürzketchup, are all common names for this stuff.

now ladelkufter (i think) would be a lot more useful

Yeah, I agree, but don't forget the blasted security personnel/checks at airports:

Here I was, my mate Dirk just had dropped me off at his local airport, checked in, took the case with the more expensive and breakable items with me as cabbin luggage, and bunged the rucksack with soft stuff into the hold (Ryanair only allow 1 item in the cabbin).

Arrived at the security check, case went through the X-ray, "What's inside? Open it up and show us!"

I did. "What's that?" "A G-Lader!" :roll: The rag it wrapped in, smelt of oil. "You can't take that on-board, it smells of oil. You can't even put that in the hold."

"What do you want me to do now?"

"I don't care!"

Oh well, made Dirk come back again to take the Lader home. In hindsight, if we had wrapped it in something else, I probably would have been able to get it past the security bods. But after today's results at Stealth, where the sieve that I've fitted in the boost pipe leading to the intercooler (to prevent debris from a potentially blown-up Lader from getting into the intercooler and engine) was removed and my Rado was pumping out good values for bhp and torque again, and Vince more or less gave me the rubber stamped approval of the engine's excellent health, I don't need that Lader so urgendtly any more, current Lader boost is at 0.68 bar (=10 psi).

All in all, excellent time, shame it went so quickly. :-(

Tempest

I did. "What's that?" "A G-Lader!" :roll:

they probably got rather worried after they heard the rumours about them being prone to grenading :-P

I hope that's not you drinking alcohol on public transport, Mr. Tempest!

Of course, we all were, that's why we went by public transport :-)

At the end of the evening we could only go back by taxi. Dirk's wife had booked 2 cabs, we were 9 people, and obne of the cabs already had 2 passengers in there, who'd literally stolen our cab. So Dirk's wife very diplomatically (harsh tone of voice) told them to feck off, which worked :lol:

The problem was that 9 people did not quite fit into 2 normal saloons (taxi company's mistake), so one of us, not me, decided to hide in the boot of the saloons (I told you this whole thing was mad :lol:), but couldn't shut up. The taxi driver ultimately kicked us out, which is when I told him off in a friendly manner, to which him being a typical cab driver, I suppose called me an Arschloch (dictionary time). Now, you never ever call a customer an Arschloch, which is when I completely freaked out. I don't know whether any footage exists of that :lol:

In the end we did find a slightly less conscentious cab driver who was willing to take us home for an extra fee of 25 Euros :shock:

Ah well, it all added to the excitement :lol:

Tempest

You really are a bunch of nutters! :lol:

And no dictionary needed for that - my German vocabulary is very limited, but there is a rather disproportionate number of swear words in it :lol: