Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

I'm going to order a new PAS pump and was wondering if I should order a 24v one or a 12v one?

The part numbers are different, but I'm not sure how different the actual pumps are and which one I should get?

Dutch

Spoke to him on Sunday, and he said you'd called, well in fact KT did (his wife). Glad you got it sorted mate.

Where are you at with it now then?

I'm going to get the VR pump based on what my VAG mechanic mate has just advised me.

Andy advised to get the 24v one as the spindle will be in the correct location for the belt, but apparently the VR one is identical from that respect so won't be a problem, and the presure will be correct too so no extra strain on it.

I'm not sure if the pressure is different between the 2 pumps though? Maybe Jay's was an old one that just happened to fail just after the transplant?

Dutch

I'm going to get the VR pump based on what my VAG mechanic mate has just advised me.

Andy advised to get the 24v one as the spindle will be in the correct location for the belt, but apparently the VR one is identical from that respect so won't be a problem, and the presure will be correct too so no extra strain on it.

I'm not sure if the pressure is different between the 2 pumps though? Maybe Jay's was an old one that just happened to fail just after the transplant?

Which one are you using then Ian?

Dutch

Another quick q regarding the oil filter housing if I may.

The 12v one will not fit on the 24v block as it mounts in a slightly different location and the oil feed holes in the block are not the same either.

So, how do I stop the oil presure buzzer on the VR clocks as there is no place on the 24v filter housing for the 2 VR oil pressure sensors??

Dutch

Stan, progress is slow as I'm buying loads of other parts new that I didn't plan too originally, so finances have been an issue.

I've just been paid though and have just picked up some more parts, so hope to start rebuilding at the weekend. I've a new clutch master and slave cylinder, thermo housing, crack pipe, oil filter housing washers/seals etc. to go on, so havn't been able to put the radiator, cooling pipes & looms etc. back until these bit's are on due to access.

Slowly but surely she's getting there though :)

Dutch

bigpants baby, You're still struggling with them? :? I don't get it tbh.

You are using a VR cross-member I presume?

Any pics. so I can compare with mine? I've removed the rad and slam-panel etc. so can check the mounting holes match if you like?

Dutch

Just got the VR delivered back to the house today from having the DP/exhaust and accelerator pedal bracket done.

They've done a fantatsic job I must say. Will post up some pics over the weekend. One interesting point that came out of it is a LHD golf 4Motion DP fits a LHD Corrado perfectly, without any modifications at all :)

The twin CATS also fit with no problems too, but we decided to not fit the silencer that sits between the CATS and rear section.

How much sound does that silencer silence though? I'm a bit concerned she's going to sound too Chavish without it. I'm using the C OE rear section btw??

They also put new brake/clutch fluid in and fitted the new master cylinder. Along with a new clutch and slave cylinder the clutch pedal now feels feather light :)

Coxy, I asked about the 720 NM TT 3.2 Turbo with a DSG box they built while I was there too. They uprated the Clutch with a 6 plate jobbie btw (the OE one is only 3) and it's then good for 750 NM apparently, and it's still running wihthout problems and the guy tracks it regularily too.

Dutch

I need a bit of help if possible. Does anyone know the torque of the 9 bolts that hold the 24v intake manifold to the head?

Thanks,

Dutch

Im have probs big style with my conversion,cant get the rad fans in place?

vr6 rad and fans?

put the vr6 water sensor housing on the 24v engine and use the vr6 top hose.

The R32 intake is different though so may be that's why you didn't have any problems?

Stan, wouldn't mind some picturtes of yours then if possible?

Dutch

No worries mate, thanks!

I did think about chopping a bit of the fan housing, but not sure if that would leave enough room for engine movement or not. Curious how much space there is between yours when stationary.

Dutch

You need a 24v ECU, with the key and gubbins that goes with it.

LEAVE THE VR AND STICK A 1.8T IN I HAVE DONE IT AND UPGRADED DOING 398BHP AT 1.4BAR BOOST

You need a 24v ECU, with the key and gubbins that goes with it.

LEAVE THE VR AND STICK A 1.8T IN I HAVE DONE IT AND UPGRADED DOING 398BHP AT 1.4BAR BOOST

i thought it was 1.6 bar ;)