Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

are you angling for the most powerful rado on the forum then Mic? :norty:

I couldn't possibly comment...... :ignore:

MIC im guessing its not the floor mounted one, how much you wanting?

Yeah it'll fit in the same position as the standard Corrado one. I wouldn't like to say 100% that it'll work with the Audi ECU so I wouldn't even know what to ask for it (anyone know?). If you're happy to pay postage I'm happy to send it to you and you can see if its what you need. We could sort the monies later, it's sometimes good karma to help get a project going.

dont forget i have my pagparts turbo manifold waiting in the wings Pete 8)

dont forget i have my pagparts turbo manifold waiting in the wings Pete 8)

R32 turbo! - mwahahahaha!!! :twisted: :evilbat: :onfire:

Yeah it'll fit in the same position as the standard Corrado one

The Audi TT 3.2 pedal gets in the way of the fusebox which is why I'm binning mine in favour of a Mk5 one.

It can be fitted but it's not very neat.

does anyone know of any mk5 pedals kicking about, any sports cats going for reasonably cheap and also if there are any companies making manifolds for the conversion with lambda's?

You don't need the rear lambdas, just the front two widebands. The rears only make sure the CAT is doing it's job.

:censored: im getting REALLY wound up with this sodding conversion and i havn't even started. The guy that sold me the engine is not returning my calls, i only have the main engine loom and not the rest of it that i need to send off, that he said apparently came with the engine and i cant find anyone that sells the loom. also found a pipe at the rear of the inlet manifold snapped :bad-words:

anyone want an audi 3.2 engine? £1200?

:censored: im getting REALLY wound up with this sodding conversion and i havn't even started. The guy that sold me the engine is not returning my calls, i only have the main engine loom and not the rest of it that i need to send off, that he said apparently came with the engine and i cant find anyone that sells the loom. also found a pipe at the rear of the inlet manifold snapped :bad-words:

anyone want an audi 3.2 engine? £1200?

gutted mate, but I'm sure someone on here can help. Are you planning to run everything from the Audi (ecu, clocks etc?)

I'd offer some assistance myself but I'm not sure what stuff is interchangable between the 3.2 and the 2.8 engines. I'm going to be running a short runner so I'm ultimately (when I finally get started) going to have all my inlet manifold stuff spare.

Chin up!

im sending the loom off to get converted to corrado clocks so i dont have to mess about with dash, but everyone says i need the original wiring to get it all converted and seeing as though in the original thread http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=207794 it says clocks loom everything for conversion, i would assume and this is probably me being daft, that it would actually come with clocks loom and everything.

i've been pestering the guy to get back to me about the parts but no luck yet and im getting really wound up.

Hve you got the loom with all the orange/blue/grey multi pin plugs on it? That's the main one that you need.

theres a place in germany that can get all vw looms very cheaply, when i get a second late i will find you a link to there website.

that loom is defo the main one you need, unsure as to how much you need out of the other one, if any at all - certainly not much thankfully.

as for the pipework that's broken, do you mean the coolant pipework that runs over the exhaust manifold/heatshield, or the downpipes that run on into the cats (should all be a one piece item). either way, i have both the coolant pipework (unnecessary though if you are retaining the original VR thermostat housing/coolant header tank location; which most people do) and the downnpipes/cat assembly - you're welcome to either. i would be after £150 for the downpipe/cat assembly or £25 posted for the coolant pipework.

hope you manage to get it all sorted pal, gimme a PM back on here if you need anything :)

im sending the loom off to get converted to corrado clocks so i dont have to mess about with dash, but everyone says i need the original wiring to get it all converted and seeing as though in the original thread http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=207794 it says clocks loom everything for conversion, i would assume and this is probably me being daft, that it would actually come with clocks loom and everything.

i've been pestering the guy to get back to me about the parts but no luck yet and im getting really wound up.

Why dont you install the dash with it instead? Have lots of creature comforts and functions too?

Sorry I presumed you had the harness attached to the engine, but you'll need this one too, it plugs into the ECU (next to the engine harness) and goes through the bulkhead. You do most of the splicing to the Corrado loom using this loom, and has the lambda probe and Air Volume meter plugs etc. Part No. on VAGCAT as you probably already know :D Hope you get it sorted pal971400.jpg[/attachment:oozoye1k]

pete, the loom i have posted is the loom i have but that just plugs into the engine, injectors etc. i would have thought i would need the loom for the fusebox/clocks etc. do pardon my little knowledge in the field of wiring, im getting stealth to do the wiring conversion who have said they will be providing me with fitting instructions so im still working out what i need to send off.

As for the pipe, there are 2 vacuum hoses off the back of the inlet manifold on the left hand side, rather idiotically are part of the full manifold. they are only stubby little things but its cracked soo far down i can't do much other than glue it with some industrial strength stuff.

As for the dash swap, its an audi engine so first off comes with audi clocks and id prefer mk4 clocks and dash and secondly seeing as i dont actually have any creature comforts with the engine it pretty much limits me to bare minimum corrado standard stuff for time being.

:o sorry KIP, been reading your posts and I thank you all for all your help, just got my hopes up a bit when i heard that i might actually have the right parts... guess not though BOOOO!!!

Still waiting for this guy with engine to get back to me as im hoping he has all the wiring like he said in the advert... :roll:

No worries mate, hope you get it sorted. I shouldn't worry too much about it though, getting hold of a loom shouldn't be too difficult, and I doubt it would be that expensive second hand.

cheers again for confidence boost guys, just wondering though, will the loom from an r32 be the same as the audi TT? are the mk4/mk5s any different?

Does anybody know where i can get the looms from as the :bad-words: guy still won't get back to me. i cannot understand why some people don't have the decensy to at least call back to let me know either way if he has or hasn't got it. i mean "ill call you when i get to my unit", to me means "ill call you when i get to my unit"

I would ring round a few VW Audi Breakers looking for a TT loom mate, the Mk5 if definitely different don't get one of them, not 100% sure about the Mk4 loom but pretty sure they are the same.

haha, this is getting really quite complicated now. I have now put in a paypal claim to attempt to get my £200 deposit back seeing as the prick that has my wiring wont answer my calls. So i've managed to get hold of a mk4 r32 wiring loom, so next step is... will the lambda's from this be suitable or do i need audi TT lambda's. I bought one Audi A3 3.2 lambda but i think it may be the wrong one as the part number is different.

You would think that seeing as they are all pretty much the same engine all the lambda's would be the same. i know i need a different maf to the mk4 r32 but can i use any 3.2 v6 audi/mk4 golf lambda? obviously it matters which lambda goes in what place though (ie left bank, right bank, pre cat, post cat).