Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

I'm struggling a little. I have a tensioner PN 021 145 299 and the aux bracket PN 021 260 087

I can't get them to fit. They foul on the variable inlet manifold, why?! :shrug:

Trying to fit these items to a late spec audi 3.2 block. BDB code 2005.

Am I using the wrong aux bracket and tensioner?

Cheers

Found out I needed:

Tensioner PN 021 145 299D

aux bracket PN 021 260 087D

hope this helps others

As for strut bars, if you mean the upper one. I would guesse that ones that are designed for the VR6 would be fine as I think they sit above the exhaust manifold and should clear the inlet?? :shrug:

I'm trying to put 2gether a shopping list for my r32 conversion so don't miss anything when I fetch the engine iv got

maf

tb

intake mani

Airbox

ecu

engine loom

loom 2fuse board

all engine sensors

water pump

oil filter housing

what am I missing ?

Cheers mort

I'm trying to put 2gether a shopping list for my r32 conversion so don't miss anything when I fetch the engine iv got

maf

tb

intake mani

Airbox

ecu

engine loom

loom 2fuse board

all engine sensors

water pump

oil filter housing

what am I missing ?

Cheers mort

Instrument cluster? Or can the original be used?

maf

tb

intake mani

Airbox

ecu

engine loom

loom 2fuse board

all engine sensors

water pump

oil filter housing

what am I missing ?

Cheers mort

that seems to be the basic list, i guesse your using the vr gearbox? may be worth getting the instrument cluster,key and key pickup if you want to avoid the immob issue

hey, does it matter if the r32 engine comes from a dsg car? will it still all run the same? i.e with the vr box .thanks

hey, does it matter if the r32 engine comes from a dsg car? will it still all run the same? i.e with the vr box .thanks

gd question.

should be fine as long as the wiring is made to suite and the functions in the ecu are deleted. Have a word with Mark in SWICT, he should be able to confirm.

I think mine was a DSG, will soon know if it will start lol

mine was dsg so glad to hear this do the flywheels of these go for much?

they can do if they are a dual mass version. however they need to be low mileage due to them becoming fragile in their old age.

Any one know if the lambda probe (pre cat) are all the same across mk4 and mk5 platforms. I'm in a bit of a predicament, I'm using audi 3.2 bdb 2004 engine with an eos version of similar age. now I don't know what part number i need when ordering the probes. if the plugs are all the same then maybe i can get any probe from any 3.2 engine?? help please

The only difference will be the lengths of wire, my Audi ones are rediculously long, thinking about getting some shorter ones.

The only difference will be the lengths of wire, my Audi ones are rediculously long, thinking about getting some shorter ones.

are the plugs the same though? just want to make sure because I think these are special order and therefore non returnable from VAG

just ordered some plugs, just hope they are the right ones.

whats the best method in fitting the floor mounted r32 pedal? Does it need modifying?

just ordered some plugs, just hope they are the right ones.

whats the best method in fitting the floor mounted r32 pedal? Does it need modifying?

yh would be great if anyone has a photo of how this has been done.

cheers mort

alryt, hoping for some help from the 24v guys, a bloke near me is breaking a mk5 r32 and has all the parts as yet.

for my conversion i have so far worked out i will need: engine, ecu, engine loom, loom into cabin, accelerator pedal, 2 pre-cat lambdas? im gonna keep the vr exhaust with a decat and keep 5spd o2a box.

im aware ill need a 2.8 bracket as the mk5 uses electric pas, and also an 'fpr' as it has no fuel return.

im gonna get the r32 exhaust mani and hopefully weld a custom 1 for myself. also i think ill need a spal slimline fan

hope to have vag-doc wire it up.

so was just wondering if im correct as above and is there anything else of the r32 i might need? i read somewhere about the belt tensioner? and is the MAF just needed for audi engines? also has anybody made the r32 oil cooler fit or just gone for a mocal?

thanks in advance, atif

alryt, hoping for some help from the 24v guys, a bloke near me is breaking a mk5 r32 and has all the parts as yet.

for my conversion i have so far worked out i will need: engine, ecu, engine loom, loom into cabin, accelerator pedal, 2 pre-cat lambdas? im gonna keep the vr exhaust with a decat and keep 5spd o2a box.

im aware ill need a 2.8 bracket as the mk5 uses electric pas, and also an 'fpr' as it has no fuel return.

im gonna get the r32 exhaust mani and hopefully weld a custom 1 for myself. also i think ill need a spal slimline fan

hope to have vag-doc wire it up.

so was just wondering if im correct as above and is there anything else of the r32 i might need? i read somewhere about the belt tensioner? and is the MAF just needed for audi engines? also has anybody made the r32 oil cooler fit or just gone for a mocal?

thanks in advance, atif

you seem to have the list right. as long as you get everything you think you need you should be fine. Better off getting too much than not enough right? Maybe worth getting the brakes??

Ive seen the r32 cooler being used with a custom bracket, but you could fit a mocal and use the vr's front bracket