Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Makes me laugh that this is meant to be a definitive 24v thread.....and it has more questions than answers. Actually, that's a lie a lot of the stuff has already been worked out and answered, then questioned yet again...

I putmy first 3.2 in on the driveway in a day. the hardest part is the wiring and the downpipe. physically fitting it is no harder than putting a VR6, in.

Ahh, but this is the definitive guide, not the concise guide!

...and quoting you and jay here Phat:

"You need to modify the front mount bracket slightly to clear the oil cooler, but basically it fits on the VR mounts"

"You will have to mod the front engine mount to lower the front of the block a touch (not on the R32) and remove one of the brace bars under the bonnet if you want the proper cover on and..."

"all you have to do is fit a small collar between the gerabox and mount where the top bolt goes"

"oil cooler. it was in the way of the engine mount bracket..."

So I was just clarifying these contradictions to "It fits on the VR mounts without a problem" :)

Dutch

Ahh, but this is the definitive guide, not the concise guide!

...and quoting you and jay here Phat:

"You need to modify the front mount bracket slightly to clear the oil cooler, but basically it fits on the VR mounts"

"You will have to mod the front engine mount to lower the front of the block a touch (not on the R32) and remove one of the brace bars under the bonnet if you want the proper cover on and..."

"all you have to do is fit a small collar between the gerabox and mount where the top bolt goes"

"oil cooler. it was in the way of the engine mount bracket..."

So I was just clarifying these contradictions to "It fits on the VR mounts without a problem" :)

Dutch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

how can they be contradictions if 2 different people have said them......

you don't have to lower the fornt mount at all, only if you want to fit the big plastic engine cover, which you don't need to fit.

I didn't use the factory oil cooler, hence why I didn't have to modify my mount.

not contradictions at all.

and if you're going to be a cock about it, then i'm not going to help you anymore! so go and bollocks.

I couldn't help but ask the question...if using mk4 mounts think that the weight change would be as big as from 61% to 55% front ? because anything smaller than that isn't worth bothering with mk4 mounts imo.

But if it could, then it would be worth some serious thought.

i see, no doubt about it too much headache for a small gain, it's probably easyer to starve yourself to death and loose weight than go for mk4 mounts.

Just spoken to Andy. He has pabricated the exhaust downpipe. He used the top end of the Golf pipe, and the bottom of the C pipe, and he say it looks good and OE.

He HASNT added the second lot of lambdas after the CAT. He has however got me some software and a chip that runs without having to use the second batch of lambdas.

He's driven it and says its so smooth and sweet as a nut. He's gonna run it tomorrow to iron out anything that comes up, and Im picking it up on Monday!!! :D

Dutch if you still want a pipe doing let me know if you want the lambdas or not and I'll speak to him and see what he can do for you. You can then give him a shout as and when you want it doing.

ok, sorry if this has been asked before but 13 pages is alot to re-read at work

I have a valver 2ltr with Koni shocks and a milltek exhaust. both these were listed as valver part #'s with different numbers for equiv vr models.

Does this mean that if a 24v "fell" into my engine bay that the suspension, and exhaust (ignoring the other valver parts that would need uprating for now) would be useless?

If a 1.8T or V5 also fell in, same question!

Cheers

Andrew

Stan 24v, I'm not sure if he will be able to help me or not as you have kept the single VR CAT if I read your posts correctly? I will be fitting the twin 4Motion CATS along with all 4 lambda probes, but if he can make a DP to fit those then I'm defo interested?

I can't wait now as the conversion sounds fantastic. I was planning to wait until Spring to fit the 24v, but think I'm going to start as soon as I have the engine now!! Bring it on....

Dutch

cue me to get my idle backside into gear and sort it out!

I have taken a day off work today to fit the r32 engine, so progress is being made on mine...

que me to get my idle backside into gear and sort it out!

I have taken a day off work today to fit the r32 engine, so progress is being made on mine...

LOL, no cue mate, ...but now you come ot mention it :)

How does the 4motion DP not fit the C btw? Does it sit too far to the left or right when looking from the front of the car? ...or is it too high/low or a bit of both??

Dutch

@Lippy, the exhaust can be made work, the springs are too soft so you would need to uprate them to VR ones

ok, sorry if this has been asked before but 13 pages is alot to re-read at work

I have a valver 2ltr with Koni shocks and a milltek exhaust. both these were listed as valver part #'s with different numbers for equiv vr models.

Does this mean that if a 24v "fell" into my engine bay that the suspension, and exhaust (ignoring the other valver parts that would need uprating for now) would be useless?

If a 1.8T or V5 also fell in, same question!

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew. The exhaust would be useable, but the rest of the front of the car would not as you would want to run complete VR6 front end setup, subframes, rack etc

is that the same for the 1.8T and the V5?

changing the subframes etc, is that as painful as it sounds?

Dutch he would be able to help mate its not a problem fitting the CATs, he just chose not to on mine. But he did say that due to the lack of room and awkwardness of fitting the pipe he would need the car in order to fabricate a DP, otherwise the only other way would be to have a jig made up, but obviously that isnt really a feasible option (unless another 20 -30 people do the same conversion 8) ). You can always give him a ring mate.

is that the same for the 1.8T and the V5?

changing the subframes etc, is that as painful as it sounds?

I can give you a hand if you do it. not much work at all in changing over to the VR setup as long as you have all the bits ready.

Jay

That's what I was thinking - he would need the car, which is not possible.

Stan, do you have any more info. on the chip he's fitted to yours, like the manufacture etc.? Surely yours wont have bank selective fuelling though as both banks' gases and lambdas are combined into the one flow and no longer monitored seperately from each other?

Jay, as you've mounted yours on VR mounts and used the 4Motion twin CATS my DP would need to be exactly the same as yours wouldn't it?

Like I said I know of a company that can make one up over here if needed so not a major problem if I can't get one pre-made so to speak.

Dutch

Yes yours would need to be exactly the same as mine.

My difficulty would be getting it off and copied while still driving the car every day :)

Jay