Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Engine swaps are fairly straight foward. Its just the intial deep gasp of air that you have to take before you start pulling off hoses, wires and unbolting mounts etc etc.

I have done a few swaps, put a 24v scorpio engine into a sierra for a friend with a couple of mates. I know its not exactly a dub....but i was younger and more foolish :lol:

Its the getting it to run right once it is all bolted together that is the ball ache. But seriously the hardest most stressfull part is getting it in. Then getting it to run right with wiring can be done a few hours at a time in an evening when you feel like it. Theres nothing worse than rolling around under a car bolting an engine in when you can't see properly.

I dont know alot about the Corrados yet. But i have done some work on golfs and things :) Just feel lucky there are loadsa people on here that know a stack load about them ;)

PS......the pulling off pipes wasn't a cheap masturbation pun chucked in :lol:

Who will finish first then, Coxy, Stanbates or Xbones? or phat? (although he has a headstart) :)

Jay

Should have mine next week hopefully 8)

Who will finish first then, Coxy, Stanbates or Xbones? or phat? (although he has a headstart) :)

Jay

Should have mine next week hopefully 8)

I'll not be getting my engine til around new year, so I guess I'll be last in this race :(

stanbates, how much are you paying for the install?

Its not as straight forward as that mate.

he had my car in for some diagnosis originally, then had to strip the bottom end to find out that it was pretty much knacked due to one of the shells being knacked.

He then looked further into cylinders to see if they were ok or not, one of them is scored and would therefore need to be rebored. In that case it would need new pistons etc etc as well as the chains and clutch needing to be changed.

So after weighing the prices up it comes to about £2100 to rebuild the VR.

He found the 24v, which is still in the Golf, and can have it for £1100. He is charging me no more than £2.5k for the lot, including the strip down of my VR, and he has to take the new engine out of the Golf himself. So I think its a fairly decent price, what do you think?

2.5k is pretty damn good (I presume it includes engine)

Tempted to give the fella a call myself, see what he quotes.

I still can't see me getting my car back on the road in a hurry. (Went out for a quick lap of the course yesterday and made myself wonder why I'm doing the transfer when my engine runs so well :o )

£2.5K is a bargain imo..... ask your installer to do a "Corrado forum XYZ Fitment guide" whilst he's at it! :-)

Xbones, it's because you want more mate.... you've been bitten by the bug :-) I suspect some of your reasoning may have something to do with being competitive with a certain moderator too :-)

£2.5K is a bargain imo..... ask your installer to do a "Corrado forum XYZ Fitment guide" whilst he's at it! :-)

Xbones, it's because you want more mate.... you've been bitten by the bug :-) I suspect some of your reasoning may have something to do with being competitive with a certain moderator too :-)

Yeah, it's all Tom's fault :p

It does include the engine yes. If you want me to ask him I will, as soon as hes done mine then he should know exactly what is needed for the job.

I think its the first 24v into a C hes done, though hes done plenty of 1.8T conversions etc etc.

Can I But in here a sec....

Wouls whacking one of these engines into an 8v or 16v be much more of a headache than putting it into a Vr6?

Not sure exactly. Hes doing the engine and using the looms and clocks but not sure what else. Hes got the car at his disposal.

The engine has about 40k on it iirc

Looks like you're putting more in than me then!

I'm just putting the engine itself in, and it's got a corrado loom.

dunno but i will be trying it at christmas

I seen a picture of a corrado dash with mk4 clocks in it, looked pretty impressive