Sign in to follow this  
Lanceevox

Switches n' Buttons

I don't have a owners manuel and I don't know what all the buttons and switches are for. Does anyone have a diagram off the dash and all the switches?

Just press them and see what happens... Just make sure you don't press the big red one with 'EJECTOR' marked on it. ;)

lol simple way of finding out what they do. note the heated rear window switch wont do anything too noticable straight away. But yeah the pics on the buttons are generally self explanatory. Incase you dont know, the headlight/side light switch to the right of steering wheel has to be pressed in once for for sidelights and again for headlights. :wink:

I understand most the buttons i am not totally baffeled by the pictures but some I don't, I was wondering where I could get a owners manuel. Why don't all the buttons light up? How do you change the clock and use the cruise control? Thanks guys for answering my stupid q's.

All the buttons should light up.

2 black buttons set into the perspex front of the gauge pod - one with H, one with M by them ;)

Edit: and if you're not sure what a particular button does - take a pic and we can tell you and/or ask someone - the symbols on most of the buttons and levers are universal to all cars.

You can get an owners manual off eBay for a fairly good price, I would imagine they are for sale on US eBay.

oh and the little dial type thing next to the lights is the dimmer for the clocks and digitals. Not much use really, just leave it on high.

Sounds like you need to check the bulbs in the buttons, they may have blown.

dunno why, but they sometimes go for crazy prices on our ebay... not to mention, they don't tell you everything... i've got one and still don't know why the fog light switch is two staged

i've got one and still don't know why the fog light switch is two staged

Front , and front and back fog lights...

Yeah simple really. Press once for front fogs and twice for rear and front fogs on. I usually put side lights on with the front fogs on. Headlights are poo! Sometimes with both headlights and front fogs on, but occasionally ill get people flashing me like im blinding them. Ive check out what they look like with both fronts on and they dont seem over bright.

You should only use your fog lights...in the fog

They crack if over used . And, like the drivers flashing at you are trying to tell you...you'l blind on-comeing vehicles.. 8)

Get an uprated headlight loom mate.

Didnt know that about the front fogs crack.

I took the hint about the flashing. Hence turned both on got out of car and had a look how bright they were when looking at them and they werent even that bright. We're talking 4 in 500 cars that ive passed have flashed. Not enough to suggest that im blindign everyone.

What exactly do i need apart from the new wiring loom, what fuses also?

Is it an easy job? Can you tell me how its done?

>

We're talking 4 in 500 cars that ive passed have flashed. Not enough to suggest that im blindign everyone.

I'd say that it's not just 4 out of 500 that you've blinded, it's 4 out of 500 that have :

A. Realised that you have lights on that you shouldn't have as opposed to just thinking " god, his lights are bright "

B. Had time to flash you

C. Are the type of person that will flash, not everyone will dude, they'l just think " he's got his fog lights on and it's not foggy "

What exactly do i need apart from the new wiring loom, what fuses also?

Is it an easy job? Can you tell me how its done?

I think there's a full write up in the Knowledge Base fella.

well, maybe it's personal opinion, but, it's one of my pet hates seeing people driving with their fogs on when it's not foggy, I find them too bright and dazzling and therfore dangerous. I'm not sure , but I think it maybe ilegal too?.

well like i said i usually only have sidelights on and the fogs on, so it wont be as bright as others who do same. Plus those halogen ones are ALOT brighter.

Sorry mate, didnt mean to sound obnoxious. I understand what you're saying, but the corrado lights are so cr@p that just headlights doesnt illuminate the road too well

Sorry mate, didnt mean to sound obnoxious. I understand what you're saying, but the corrado lights are so cr@p that just headlights doesnt illuminate the road too well

No need to apologise mate, you didn't sound obnoxious,perhaps I did , like I said , it's a pet hate. LOL

The standard lights are pretty pap, the headlight upgrade is pretty simple and cheap, might be worth getting one, I think the guy doing them now is called Majik and the threads in the for sale sec.

EDIT -- thread here mate. http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 64&start=0

no real need for new bulbs,all it is are 2 relays,and an inline fuse,plus the relevant wiring then you will have headlights that actually allow you to see in the dark