Sign in to follow this  
sharlie1982

How much power

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew how much BHP the G Lader actually produced for the engine.

I know it takes about 15BHP to drive it, but how much power would the G60 engine make if it were bypassed.

Just bored and thought I'd ask. :roll:

isn't the g60 engine, without the blower, pretty much the one that sits in the mk2 golf gti 8v? I know they did something subtle with it to make it hold together with the blowers extra punch, but I don't think it was that radical. So I guess w/o the charger, perhaps 115-120 bhp?

Sounds more like it.

80bhp sounds very low that means the charger is almost doubling is power output. :?

The charger zaps around 25-30 bhp as far as I can remember, though if you take it out of the equation on a g60 it will be alot slower than a standard 1.8 8v gti .

I think the standard g60 engine is around 80bhp, I think it's some thing to do with compression or something but don't ask me, i'm just speaking from memory! and the lader takes 30bhp from that, which makes it a bloody effient piece of kit.

Yes, you're all right.

The 1.8 8v engine can be made to produce 110-115 bhp without too much struggle from what I understand, but that's not going to work well with a G60 bolted to it (too much compression, as stated above), so the G60 engine requires the charger. From stories on here, it seems about 80 bhp is about right for an uncharged G60.

So there you go.

Yes, you're all right.

The 1.8 8v engine can be made to produce 110-115 bhp without too much struggle from what I understand, .

The 1.8 8v makes 112bhp as standard