Sign in to follow this  
vealige1

My G60, more bits fitted page 3

Just thought i'd sign up to the forum, most may know the car i purchased it not so long ago and set about overhauling the old girl. :) She's off the road again now whilst i fit some more bits but hope you all like. Its not quite a Corrado but i love her to bits 8)

A Quick before when i bought the car:

IMG_3425.jpg

Untitled-19.jpg

84733141.jpg

And now after a quick overhaul by myself. :D

Untitled-1.jpg

43a22a6d.jpg

dde7167c.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Untitled-26.jpg

Untitled-35.jpg

Oh and just to show shes not all show :lol:

img024.jpg

Nah i just went and got new one was like £12 from what i remember :lol:

Need to get a new window washer bottle as well, i'll put it on the list of things to do :D

very nice mate, i really like it 8)

but why do it to a five door?

Its nice to be different plus its quicker then a corrado as well :wink: :lol: But all Golf G60's are LHD just that this one happened to be a white 5 door. Besides at the time of purchasing no other car had the spec of this one for the right price, besides i'm known for having my 5 doors. Makes it more of a Wolf in sheeps clothing anyhow which is all fun :lol:

it was a feature in pvw i think?

Certainly was november 2003, was owned by Paul McCleary then hence the G60 PM number plate :lol:

That looks sweet! 8)

Do you have any problems with the white rear plate?

No not at all mate, I think the only reason i dont have any trouble is because the cars LHD so the police just assume its german.

mint car, I remeber it well, been out in it a few times, quikest G60 I've ever been in.

That exhasut used to belong to my mk2 vr6. I made the quickshift in that car too!

Never dismiss a 5 door....you never know what they're hiding.

cracking job of cleaning it up there fella!

what did you spend/change to do all of that? its quite a nice transformation! I am wanting to tidy my engine bay too...

Yeah Mr Veale, tell the nice people how much you spent JUST ON WHEEL BOLTS!!

Been out in this car, it's certainly quick, and he forgot to tell you that this car has done over a quarter of a million miles too, for doing that sort of mileage it's in stunning nick. I'd go as far to say this is one of the best mk2's I know.

Shame the owner is a ginge really.

Never dismiss a 5 door....you never know what they're hiding.

I'm never quite sure why 5 doors come in for some stick. Its exactly the same as a 3 door, except you don't have to worry about clumsy mates ripping your seats up and scratching stuff whilst they try and scrabble around to fit in the back seats!

the bays looks sweet! thats just the sort of bay i am looking to achieve!, Did you use paint to make it metal bits look so clean? ( rocker cover etc etc) Got any quick tips on what you did to get you bay like that??

Whats your spec by the way? remember seeing it in PVW a while back, maybe on the group thrash, cant remember...

WOOOOW, cheers for the responses guys.

Big thanks to Phat for the work previously done on the car the quickshift is the best i've ever used and the exhaust is certainly unique :lol:

As for the engine my secret is £5 tin of engine paint from halfords! :lol: Some silver hammerite and some POR hi temp engine paint as well. Took about two months on and off to do it i have pics of everything :lol:

The only parts that i replaced were the watter bottle, rad, knock sensor and induction kit for bahn brenner one. The charger went off to g-werks for a rebuild and come back like brand new, cheers darren 8)

Ronan :bad-words: :lol: :snipersmile: but yes the gold bolts cost a small fortune :lol:

As for the engine spec here it is think this is everything :lol:

Jabba - sport R1 supercharger with 68mm Pulley

Jabba - sport Custom chip and remap

Jabba - sport boost check valve

G-Werks boost return kit

Gas flowed head with enlarged exhaust valves (35mm), Piper 285 cam

Vernier pulley

Grey injectors

Ported and modified throttle body and butterfly

Ported and matched inlet manifold

Volkspeed 4 branch manifold

Volksport front engine mount

Bahn Brenner Induction kit with heatshield

Speed tech de-cat full exhaust system

Magnecor competition leads

Standard G60 Front Mounted Intercooler

Here are a few just to show you how easy it is to do :)

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

Off the road for the moment any how whilst i've been fitting venair coolant hoses, oil pressure gauge and awaiting bits from Bar Tek as well come on DHL :lol: Few recent pics.

hoses.jpg

oil.jpg

top quality job sir. i love seeing these kinds of posts, its gives me real encouragement to get mine up to scratch like this. As far as i see, it was more time consuming rather than expensive. I know what you mean about the charger,

after I got mine rebuilt, I couldnt believe how new it looked when it was returned.

well done :) inspiring!