JMC

JMC's G60

Cheers for the positive comments as always folks.

Only a little mod I know, but thought I would put up what I made at the weekend. Been wanting a decent phone holder for ages, but didn't want something huge or obtrusive, so decided to make one from some strip metal I had left over from doing my stereo. Think it turned out OK....

Finally got round to starting the list of jobs I have for 2007. After buying sat nav at christmas and having a phone mount I was ending up with too many wires, so bought another cigarette lighter and fitted that in the shelf under the glove box. Now no need to have wires coming out of the front of the dash. Hurrah.

Also fitted a Passat centre sunvisor and some of the new Philips Xtreme power bulbs. They even came with free sidelight bulbs although after taking the picture I noticed they were the wrong fitting. However one phone call later and right ones were dispatched. The new bulbs are good so :thumbleft: Only another 473 things left on the list now.....

Just fitted a FK grill (thanks to Darren and the G-Werks boys fo that). Must admit do like the look of it.

Also set up a fan to work with my oil cooler. Running it in parallel with the radiator fan so it'll come on when needed. May sort out a manual override as well at some point... Just used a 6 inch computer fan at the moment, but if it works alright I'll fit a stronger one.

Haven't taken it on any journeys long enough for it to get hot enough yet. But when I do I'll report back about it.

Also ordered a cover for the bottom of the belts, with the aim of making it last longer than a few thousand miles by keeping stones out.

Did you ever get one of these? If so - where from and how much may I ask?

Also ordered a cover for the bottom of the belts, with the aim of making it last longer than a few thousand miles by keeping stones out.

Did you ever get one of these? If so - where from and how much may I ask?

Yep, did buy one. Got it from G-Werks along with a load of other bits. Think it was about £30 for everything, but they are standard vag parts (just for the VR6). Got rid of the toothed belt though, after eating 2 belts in a month.

Finally got round to doing some more work. Fitted a new 12" Davies Craig fan from G-werks. Replaced the old (huge) radiator fan with a nice new slimline, high flow one, in a quest to keep summer running temperatures under control. All I need to do now it take out the cowl again, sand it down and down and re-paint it as it looks so scabby :lol: :lol:

hello fella, c's looking as good as ever. can i ask where you got your wheels from?,an are they compomotive mo's? been looking for some for a while an cant find any anywhere.......unless your thinking of selling them in the near future ;)

Been ages since I added anything, so thought it was about time :D :D

Well, got my AP 2 piece discs on. These are 315mm and 25.4mm thick, and better suit my Boxster callipers (meant for 24mm thick discs). Interestingly, despite the slight extra thickness the pads (Pagid Fast Roads) went in without modifying at all. Just have 500 miles of bedding them in now. All in all really happy with then, and having just changed the rears as well, have a whole new braking setup now.

Yet again I seem to have gone ages without posting anything. Well my resprayed headlining is now in along with all of the trim that I did. Overall I'd say the plastic spray is great for the trim, but it does make the fabric feel slightly rougher and is quiet easily marked. If you don't want the expense and hassle of trimming it in some different fabric then it is a great cheap alternative however. In the end it cost me about £50 to do the A, B, and C pillars, the sunvisors, and all the headlining and sunroof (of which £30 was the headlining and sunroof). Been an experience and the car is sooooo much quieter with all the trim back in.

Will hopefully have more to report soon after the new engine goes in 8) :D

Is this car currently featured on http://www.matey-matey.com?

Thought I recognised it!

Oooh, fame. Yep, it is on there, although it has loads done since I wrote that. Really need to get back on there and rewrite the information so it's a bit more up to date :lol:

Lookin sweet. Dont suppose you have the part number for the tourag torch? also what did you spray the lining with?

Lookin sweet. Dont suppose you have the part number for the toureg torch? also what did you spray the lining with?

I sold him the spray! :D

Lookin sweet. Dont suppose you have the part number for the tourag torch? also what did you spray the lining with?

Sorry mate, don't have the part number, but you can get them from vagparts.co.uk (search for torch) if that's any use :D

nice work.. Im after some interior spray to do the visors & few other bits..

PM me if you have a link or contact...

nice work.. Im after some interior spray to do the visors & few other bits..

PM me if you have a link or contact...

Cheers Bally. You have PM :D

that looks crackin mate 8)

Cheers g60greeny. Going in for a new 1.9 engine with G-Werks next week. Will be a new car then :lol: :lol:

Oh yes, 100cc doesnt sound alot and may not increase overall power but the total different engine characteristics it will have will amaze you.

Free revving and high revving monster it will be :clap:

that headlining looks mint mate, good effort, bet your looking forward to the engine doing aswell :D

that headlining looks mint mate, good effort, bet your looking forward to the engine doing aswell :D

Thanks, and yes the new engine will be fun :D :D . Took the car down to G-werks yesterday, so just a mater of time :clap: . Also going in is a modified box with VR6 1st and 2nd and a peloquin, lightened flywheel, smoothed throttle body and 4 branch. Been acquiring parts for ages in preparation :lol: :lol: Interested to see what the extra 100cc's makes Junkie. If all goes to plan I should be along at the RR day (as a spectator only as I wont have run the engine in) so would be intrigued to pick your brains about the differences.

Wow :luvlove: brakes looking good 8)

An the engine plans should be spot on by the sound of it. :notworthy: