Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

steering wheels???

hi everyone.

i put a 300mm suede 'motorsport' steering wheel on my vr yesterday and can't believe what a difference it makes to the steering feel! its like a go-kart. quality! got it from the motorsport section of demon tweeks. the combination of grip from the suede and small size is excellent. feel like a rally driver ;)

has anyone gone smaller and what's it like??

ive got a 280mm momo, and it looks shite, feels okay, but ive put a standard steering wheel back on, i just use sparco racing gloves instead, make a difference to any steering wheel

currently got a 350mm Momo Runner on mine and i'd love something about 300-320mm. Be nice to see pics what other people have got.

yeah 280 must be tiny. gotta give you a bit of wrist ache too i reckon!

i got one that's quite thin from front on, but quite thick from the side (the rim that is). i've actually started to look like colin mcrae :)

The stock Corrado wheel feels like a bus wheel. Its too big for the Corrado's tight interior. The 320mm wheel is good for driving around town...but when it comes to "hard" driving...it feels like your fighting the car. For that type of driving a 350mm makes it easier to control the car.

The wheel I'm using now, Momo Corse 320mm

Corrado_misc_078.sized.jpg

My old wheel, Momo Monte Carlo 320mm

Corrado_035.sized.jpg

Is there a smaller stock VAG wheel that will fit? As far as I know the G40 wheel was the same as the Corrado wheel. I'm not a fan of the aftermarket look but can see why a smaller wheel is apealing

The stock Corrado wheel feels like a bus wheel. Its too big for the Corrado's tight interior. The 320mm wheel is good for driving around town...but when it comes to "hard" driving...it feels like your fighting the car. For that type of driving a 350mm makes it easier to control the car.

The wheel I'm using now, Momo Corse 320mm

Corrado_misc_078.sized.jpg

I rate the Momo Corse as the best steering wheel ever. Very thick rimmed, if they did a version with a padded centre I'd buy another today.

i was thinking of going for the LA look with a 200mm chain link wheel!! ;)

or maybe go all the way and just have a pair of mole grips snapped onto the column??

i like the look of the rim on that monte carlo - thin from the front but nice and thick the other way.

can't stand the stock rado wheels...

I'm loving the look of the Momo Monte Carlo, mainly because it's black all over. That'd be the one i'd go for I think...more pressing tasks to be done than steering wheel replacement at the moment though!

Used to have a really decent RAID one in my old G60.. can't for the life of me remeber the name or even the size of it (320mm?) but it was really good - liked it a lot!

corrado-right.jpg

I personally dont like the aftermaret look. I've got the Late Stock Wheel on, but agreed its abit on the big side

I personally dont like the aftermaret look. I've got the Late Stock Wheel on, but agreed its abit on the big side

me neither thats why i went with a momo runner that looks very oem, i think ill get it retrimmed as well.

Too bad no steering wheel manufactuer makes a factory looking wheel.

I like my steering wheel to sit low and the factory one is so big that it sits in my lap...and I'm not a big guy.[schild=6 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]sleepy[/schild]

wheres ya wolfsburg centre cap gone ya gandoo, auloo ka pattaa

lol its an old pic.. not got round to taken any pics since I fitted leather!!

All the talk about steering wheels and pics makes me want to go out a buy one. How hard is it to take out the stock and replace it with a aftermarket one? What about the horn? Ive seen some with horn buttons but they look to much like little nitrous buttons from Fast n' the Furious... I am also located in the U.S.