Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

So has any one ever dumped a Cossie lump in a Rado??

Take a 4cyl engine out and put another in? :| I've always thought 350ci small block chevy motor but then thats a lot of work because you have to make it RWD. Would be worth it just for the burble. Maybe go mad and fit a chrysler hemi! :)

And wasn't the red-top Vauxhall 2.0 16V engine essentially a Cosworth design? And one of the best 16V NA engines to boot...

I'd love an original white 3-door Sierra RS though... ;)

Yep Cosworth played a part in the design of the Vauxhall red-top.

Personally I'd have no problem driving a corrado with a cossie engine, rather have the Audi RS6 engine in it though :twisted:

And wasn't the red-top Vauxhall 2.0 16V engine essentially a Cosworth design? And one of the best 16V NA engines to boot...

I'd love an original white 3-door Sierra RS though... ;)

the head was yup. and fantastic engine, my calibra was a redtop, bloody fantastic car that

didn't the blokes at redline put one in a beemer once? I reckon it would be possible but fecking expensive.

Was it by any chance a white M3 body BMW? It was developed by Mountune for road rally. 4x4 420bhp 410lb/ft :evil:

I wouldn't mind a cossie lump in my rado.

For me, it's more a case that I see Ford and Vauxhall as "below" VW in the automotive food chain - and to put an engine from either of them into a VW is taking a step backwards... But that's just a bit snobby really!

A blown Merc Cossie lump though... ;)

For me, it's more a case that I see Ford and Vauxhall as "below" VW in the automotive food chain - and to put an engine from either of them into a VW is taking a step backwards... But that's just a bit snobby really!

So would you say no to the engine from a DB9 even though its basically 2 mondeo engines bolted together??

(But then the Bentley W12 turbo is better though)

yeah, its basically 2 mondeo engines that have been tweaked by Aston, which is where it stops being mondeo engines.... plus there isn't an actual model of Mondeo out there that has that engine in it....

i just think it's silly that people wouldnt put a cossie engine in just because its associated with ford.... i bet opinions would be different if someone said they were putting the 190 Merc cossie engine into a rado (or other VW)..

then again i have always said whatever i do to my car, even if it does get turbo'd, will be to the existing engine... i personally wouldnt even put a 24v or a 1.8t in mine....

just my 2p tho... am sure most will disagree.....

For me, it's more a case that I see Ford and Vauxhall as "below" VW in the automotive food chain - and to put an engine from either of them into a VW is taking a step backwards

I agree, think its just the principle - the whole "FORD" thing.

yeah, its basically 2 mondeo engines that have been tweaked by Aston, which is where it stops being mondeo engines.... plus there isn't an actual model of Mondeo out there that has that engine in it....

i just think it's silly that people wouldnt put a cossie engine in just because its associated with ford.... i bet opinions would be different if someone said they were putting the 190 Merc cossie engine into a rado (or other VW)..

then again i have always said whatever i do to my car, even if it does get turbo'd, will be to the existing engine... i personally wouldnt even put a 24v or a 1.8t in mine....

just my 2p tho... am sure most will disagree.....

well not answering for others but i dont agree with u

perosnally i think the cossie lump is a great lump but why would u go through all that trouble to do something that can be done at a third of the price if ur not doing it urself

I got to agree with u on the 1.8T lump im sssssssssssssoooooooooooo sick of them its unreal but im a fan of the new 24v and R32 engines well designed and looks like you can get alot of power out of them

but remember this is coming from a guy that built a high compression 2.1 16vg60 because i wanted to be different it was great whilst it lasted but i wouldnt do it again way cheaper and better to do a 16vT IMO

the cossie lump along with the rwd box is not a bad combo indeed.

for a long time peeps have been geting 350hp + even with poor management and old spec turbos boosting hell out of um.

if it was easy to get a t5 box in i would have done this instead of a 16vt