Sign in to follow this  
VR6

Why the Veyron didn't 'do' the Top Gear track....

hang on didnt he drive the car back from france to uk.... so why couldnt they race that car for the track?????

bullsh#t

Probably had to get that one back quick, plus it was filmed weeks before they filmed the rest of the show.

I think it was Jim on here that said it they had the stig had to be driving back to Italy straight away remember everyone one wants to test drive one of these bad boys so im guessing they were pushing their luck with their test.

Remember he arrived in london at dark and to do a track day meant another day which they may have not have had so i think we shoudl jump on them without knowing all the story

sorry guys

very much doubt that the Veyron would set the fastest lap anyway due to the massive power of the W16T. Your bound to be on boost in one of the corners and make a ham fist of it.

I know for a fact that they had plenty of time to put it round the track because Bugatti told them they could have it as long as they needed !!!!!

The Engineers at Bugatti also dont know why they didn't do it.....

I would love to know the real reason.

I think the main reason it wouldn't be the fastest round the track is the Stig might not have enough insurance cover!

Respect to Bugatti for letting many journos play with it though, unlike Ferrari who hate having their cars scrutinised, especially against other cars.

I think the main reason it wouldn't be the fastest round the track is the Stig might not have enough insurance cover!

Respect to Bugatti for letting many journos play with it though, unlike Ferrari who hate having their cars scrutinised, especially against other cars.

Surely if he could get cover on a £5m F1 car?

Add up the cost of some of the cars they've tested together and it's probably more than the veyron

i doubt it would make the fastest time and would be embarrising for Bugatti, it seems more of a gt with massive power than a car designed to go round a track fast.

"Underneath its much-admired exterior was nothing but, er, hot air. " - what's that then? Rover v8?

Nothing wrong with Rover V8's

The rover part is quite right though.