Sign in to follow this  
rado_man

powerflex bushes

I have a 1992 corrado g60 and i am planning to replace all of the standard bushes with powerflex items, on examination of the rear axlebeam bushes i noticed they look completly different to the stock ones, has anyone fitted this kit?

I've got powerflex kit all round in my VR and its solid on the road but opinions vary but most say use poweflex in front and new OEM in the rear.

What colour are the ones in your rear axel?

Oh and welcome to the CF :wink:

How much of a sh*t job is it to chage the rears? Mine need changing but cant afford to have them fitted by a garage at the mo :(

How much of a sh*t job is it to chage the rears? Mine need changing but cant afford to have them fitted by a garage at the mo :(

Its not a bad job,just getting out the old ones are a pain without a good hamer and the new powerflex ones push in by hand.

thanks james, the rear bushes ive got are purple, i had a look on the knowledge base and it has a photographic guide on how to fit the OEM ones. looks a pain in the arse if u havn't got the right tools and equipment

Ride wise, how much difference do say powerflex bushes make? I have Koni shocks and eibach springs on so assuming that its already stiffer than standard, and powerflex up front will make things much stiffer, do the bushes really make a noticeable difference to handling? otherwise i'll replace with standard...

Ah...yes they are a pain.but if you took out your axel and went to a garage it would cost you next to nothing for them to burn out the old bushes. Then its easy after that.

True, but if you've managed to get that far, removing the old oem ones is easy, I used a drill to hack the rubber out - 2 mins work, then I was left with the steel outer, which I carefully hacksawed a groove into and then with a hammer knocked/peeled the steel away. With the beam off the car I could remove both original rear bushes in 30mins. Pressing in the new oem bushes was more difficult, bu tif you have Powerflex ones that should be easy too.