Sign in to follow this  
Rhodri

Borbert t 9x16 ?

I am thinking of purchasing a set of Borbert t wheels that are 9x16 all round. Would these look alright or am i better off going for the 7.5/9x16 option?

gradeAfailure, laura :-) your significant other :wink:

i knew it was laura's car dave just wasn't sure of her username

Heheh, I shall pass on your compliments! And yeah, I always thought that 7.5 up front looked better til she got 9s all round - then I realised that that looked much better! Steering gets a bit heavier though... :lol:

Rhodri, is yours an early or late body? If you have the early wings then I'm not actually sure that you'll be able to go for 9s on the front - Laura's is a late body with the wider front wings, and 9s on the front are legal (tyre tread has to be contained within the arch) by about half a mm!

Mine is a later model 95. Thats what I was thinking about, if the wheel was going to be wider than the arch.

Think my mind is made up now after seeing the pics of Laura's, sweet. :D

Rhodri, they are 9x16 ET15 Borbet T with 205/40 stretched Toyos...

quoting gradeAfailure,

205/40 toyos?? i looked at toyo proxies for mine but they didnt make them. which ones have these got?

Got zz3s in the end 205/40/16s on the front and rear

what arch mod's are required to fit 9 x 16 in ET15 to the back and still have it lowered? ( and front if poss on a early body??) i'd seen those borbet T's on ebay at the mo as well, seriously tempted, have a look at the sellers shop, he's got a whole range of tasty rims!

m15 vw its the toyo proxy t1s's that are on mine, in 205/40/16.... very pleased with em....

I have 9x16 Borbrt T's all round. my front wheels do rub more than first thought... I cant get to full lock, and speed bumps etc are a nightmare (tho i am sure thats the same for any lowered C....) the steering when going slow, ie parking, is very heavy.... the car is lowered about 60 mm at the front with no arch mods and 40-45mm at the back, tho the back arches have been cut... the wheels in that auction tho were 7.5's for the front which should give no problems, you prob will have to get back arches pulled/rolled if your planning to go any lower than 40 mm tho with 9's...

car will look amazing tho!!! good luck!!! :)

Deffo need the arches rolling - but Borbet T's in 9x16 do look superb!