Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

new corrado

found some more lads:

VW plans muscular AWD 247bhp coupé for 2008

Classic much-loved 1990s coupeThe Corrado is back.

VW's plans for 2008 include a four-wheel drive coupé based on the Golf platform, powered by a range of four engines -- a broader mix than the previous, and much-loved Corrado from the 1990s.

With the aim of competing with the Alfa Brera, the top of the range model will both look muscular and boast a 247bhp 3.2-litre V6 -- a development of the original VR6 that powered the top-end Corrado. While the rest of the range is likely to be FWD only, this will get AWD, and will get the six-speed, flappy-paddle operated DSG gearbox as an option. The V6 will make 62mph in around 6.3 seconds.

Now called the Rivo, Autocar reports that sources inside VW suggest that the Rivo is to be a pure 2+2 designed to complement the recently unveiled Eos coupé-cabrio. UK prices will start at £22,000.

Other powerplants will consist of the new 1.4-litre twin-charger that was launched recently for use in the Golf GT, and the GTi's turbocharged 2.0-litre FSI mill. Diesel will probably also be an option.

Pretty sure it's been posted on here a few times before but that first one is Ugly! Looks a bit like a scooby front end has been put on the old model astra's body ... and then someone's chopped off half the headlight

looks like a P'shop to me, well, hope it is, don't like the look of it really.... bit of an if VW wanted to build a Puma IMO...

Well lets be sensible, Park it next to your original C. Looks wise I think we would all choose the Original over the new one????????

Not new, seen these pics before and 90 % they are photoshops. But it is defo true VW are planning a new coupe, whether they end up calling it a Corrado or Rivo or whatever.

This seems to come up once every month or two! Last report is that its going to be called a Scirocco..

I suspect it's because the 'rocco had 2 generations and sold in far better numbers than the Corrado ever did...

Either way, to me it's neither a Rocco nor a Rado, as it won't be buil by Karmann, wasn't co-designed with Karmann, unlike all the type 53s (Mk1, Mk2 Rocco and Rado).

According to information posted on the German Roccoforum some time ago, those pictures published in all Springer-Verlag news papers (Autobild in D, Autoexpress in GB, etc.) are actually pretty much waht the final car will look like, depsite the rumours that it's only a photochop. This was straight from some high-ranking VW guy :shock:

The new "Rocco" (as I refuse to call it that) will be built in Wolfsburg :-(

Tempest

I hope VW DON'T make another New Corrado .....

The Original corrado should be a ONE HIT WONDER! ......

And why spoil it to make some money from the coupe sector of the market.

Look at the New Eos ..... what a joke .... It's just a CHEAPER NEW AUDI A4 CAB ..... Which would you rather have!!

Does anyone know exactly why they stopped making the Corrado?

..... I always thought it's because they weren't selling.

Golf,Jetta,Bora,Passat,Polo:Volkswagen continue to make these models(and in a few cases,quite rightly so)but neglect to reprise the best of them all.I think the Corrado deserves to be in production again.Why did it cost so much?

Surely they could have found some way around it.Im sure plenty was spent designing the car,not to mention building it.Had VW shown more faith i think it would have payed dividends.The car would have evolved naturally.Of course it's all about the sales at the end of the day,but have none of the aforementioned models ever had dips in their sales?

VW are a mass producer, let's not forget that. They think in sales volumes of millions. Sad but true, that's where they came from, a producer of the mass-produced Beetle, then the Goof. It's about money making with family-pleasing cars, Passat, Bora, Jetta, etc.

Porsche on the other hand have shown how to successfully corner a market segment, despite not mass producing. Their current Porsches still look like the old-time favourite 911! That's good time-less design and its subtle evolution.

If I look at the Rocco, the transition from the Mk1 to the Mk2, they could be viewed as 2 totally different cars from a body-point of view (underneath the skin, they were still absolutely identical). Then during the transition on to the Rado the Mk1 Rocco design aspects were taken up again, having realised that the Mk2 Rocco didn't really get accepted design-wise by the public.

VW aren't really into designing cars for niches IMHO. They simply buy other brands to do that, Bugatti, Lambo, etc.

VW aren't even cheap anymore, what the Volks in VW should refer to. Having to fork out 22K Euros for the entry-level "new Rocco" is a p*ss-take. OK, it might have all sorts of electronic gadgets, that all modern cars have, but do I want them? No, I simply want a car that is handles and drives right without all those electronics, I don't need PS2s on board, I don't need all sorts of funny 3-letter acronyms (electronics only go faulty, see Mercs disastrous "intelligent" brake alert system for fog etc. :lol:), I just want something simple that gives me a huge grin when I drive it, simple yet effective, ... actually like my Mk1 Rocco, hence I'll never sell her :-)

Tempest

http://www.eurotuned.com/vw/new_corrado.htm

Check this out, there are so many rumours and pictures of new c's and rocco's it ridiculous!!! I dont think VW will ever bring back the C cause it was not a big hit money wise!! And lets face it, thats what they are all about!!

But i agree, bring back the eighties styling........ cant beat it!!! New cars these days just seem to be boring and too smooth looking!