Sign in to follow this  
james_88

Milltek Exhaust

I have recently had my charger stage 4'd and with the increased flow through the airbox and charger, and although sounding and performing absolutely amazing, the car has become too loud for my personal liking (it already has quite a noisy custom powerflow exhaust on it as well as de cat pipe).

I'm interested in buying a Milltek exhaust system from JMR, so for those of you who have a Milltek system, how loud is it? Ideally i'd like it just a little louder than standard but not so loud that it draws unnecessary attention to the car if you know what i mean?

And what exhausts do you G60 owners have on your car? What's the most popular choice? Standard or aftermarket exhaust?

Thanks for any views on the matter.

i had a golf vr with a miltek.

very nice. not loud at all imo. quite subtle.

but combines very nicely with the intake sound of a K&N 57i on full chat :)

sorry, forgot to add....

i reckon really the induction should be heard under acceleration and the exhaust should be heard on the over-run. good combo if you ask me....

you could take your car back to powerflow and get them to make it quieter,would be cheaper than buying a new exhaust system

you could take your car back to powerflow and get them to make it quieter,would be cheaper than buying a new exhaust system

Yeah, that's a good suggestion , powerflow are suposedly a good exhaust.

There's a thread full of talk about exhausts...

9 pages of flithy pipe talk

Yeah it's all covered in there... and there have been plenty of other threads on this subject in the past too that I'm sure a search will turn up 8)

Best of luck sorting it out 8)