Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

Newbie, tring to buy a rado?

hi guys,

ive been lookin to buy a rado for about 8 months (been after one since i could drive), couldnt find one at the right price or in good enough nick. wanna spend around the 5k mark, think ive found a great one but the guy says hes lost 'most' of the service history!

so should i leave it alone or is it worth taking a look?

any help for a long time fan/first time buyer of the corrado would be great.

What is it, 5 grand and change buys quite a lot of rado with history to be honest (see below) especially at the moment, prices are quite low.

I would go for one history, it's nice to know a car as much as possible.

Quote:

Cars For Sale

FOR SALE

vw corrado 1.8 G60 super charge, 3 door coupe, vgc, 31700 miles, Carmen interior, full service history, ring for more info, £3495 ono. Chichester (dadt-03-1965)* Tel: (07092) 458617

Price: £3495.00

Town: Chichester

Postcode: PO20

This Advert was placed on - 18th January 2006

Seen on adtrader.com

Not the right time for me..could be a goodun for someone..hopefully not a dealer..

ask him if the "missing" history was from VW dealers.................if he says yeah........phone VW customer service they should be able to tell you where and when it as serviced throughout the dealer network..............but sounds fishy to me especially fairly strong money for a car with unverified miles

its a vr6. I think i could get him down to £4800, coz of the little history, none workin sunroof and less than a months tax!

but is it woth it?

its a vr6. I think i could get him down to £4800, coz of the little history, none workin sunroof and less than a months tax!

but is it woth it?

not if its history is fishy.............these days £5k is strong money for even VR6's with history let alone ones with missing history

Maximum of £4000 I'd say without history. Those wheels are worth a few quid.

agree..

saw that corrado on the trader... rims caught my attn lol

IIWM (If it was me ;) ) i'd hang on and keep checking the classifieds on here, some real bargains come up all the time! For 5k you should be able to get something very nice. Think about it your goinna have to fork out almost £200 to tax it for a year as soon as you've bought it! :)

triggermyson, wise words

you've waited 8mths already you want to make sure you make the right decision,just keep an eye on the cars for sale section

no need to spend that kinda cash unless you really want something specific, if it C ownership your after then jimbo16v C looks like a good `un, have a look in the classifieds

click me

As everybody said.... you can get a whole lotta C for £5k...

As an example I bought a 1990 G60 (high mileage) for £850. Since then it's had alot done and in total it's about £3.5k after this weekends work. Still I'd be more sure if you buy cheaper and do the work yourself than trusting that somebody else says they've done it.

If you want a job done properly, do it yourself....

i've got to agree with 4Stud. recent experience tells me you could be spending alot more money on the car after you have bought it to put right all the things that have't been done to it since the service history was "miss placed"

its not worth that money,I would try to imagine selling it before you buy it and see what thoughts you get from that.

I would ask someone here local to you to go with you,another set of eyes with you wont do you any harm,I bought mine with someone gen'ed up in the background so I knew what to look for.

Theres bound so be some enthusiast on here local to you who would help,

I'd rather give some beer tokens rather than buy a dog anyday !

cheers

chubbz

...i paid £2,800 for a decent vr6 with history....and i haven`t had any problems in the last 2 years - except usual service items, there is a lot to be said for a vehicle thats been cared for

i have seen a few car on here that have caught my eye, but they've been in manchester and i live in bournemouth! its a long way to go for a car i mit not even buy?

Maybe a forum member in Manchester could check it out for you..? Check the Corrado Pre-Viewing thread. It is worth travelling if it is exactly what you want, I didn't and a paid over the odds for my car even though it is just right for me.

HTH