Sign in to follow this  
kasman21

interior dash lighting and reverse glwoing lcd??!!!

Hey guys

just got my led's to change to illumination to blue for my rev counter etc. has anyone got a step by step guide as to what to do???

Also i have seen people that have reversed the illumination for the lcd display??? has anyone got the step by step guide to do that also???

I want to get it all sorted this weekend, already done my switches which look cool, just want to finalise the dash!!!

any ideas, or pics would be great.

thanks in advance

zak

This was asked last week and gradeAFailure posted up a little how-to on the LCD inversion and it's also been discussed on quite a few other threads.

cheers guys, im gonna do it over the weekend ill post some pics and sum other bits i have done and see what you think!!!!

cheers all

zak

that guide is wicked ill sort that tomorrow, for the lcd screen how to i reverse glow them????

So that the backround of the screen is black and the numbers themselves glow blue??? the opposite to the standard lcd?? if that makes sense!!!!

i have blue leds to replace all, so do i just remove the green filter on the lcd and replace the bulb for the lcd one????

thanks guys

I just changed the filters in mine, as described in that downloadable guide by gradeAfailure, Will take some pictures some time soon. im happy with the displays.

Have so far done most of the switches (changed the 3mm green LED's to Red) Just got to do the headlight switch and heater / fan controls. Havent figured out a way to doing them yet tho. :?

Heater controls - remove the green light pipes from the back of the heater control panel and replace with a clear one from a Passat, then paint the heater illumination bulb red/blue/colour of your choice...

:)

Alternatively, i think some of the boy-racer-type places sell coloured interior bulbs just for that "my car's a brothel" look... ;)

Says the man with pink side lights :lol:

Heater controls - remove the green light pipes from the back of the heater control panel and replace with a clear one from a Passat, then paint the heater illumination bulb red/blue/colour of your choice...

:)

Cheers mate, i've been wondering how to do that for ages! :thumbleft:

Alternatively, i think some of the boy-racer-type places sell coloured interior bulbs just for that "my car's a brothel" look... ;)

:D

You sayin mine is a boy racers car!!! :mad: :D

on cca they have used what they call condoms (coloured not ribbed) to colour the heater bulb and changed it to the passat spider

:p it was like that when i bought it...

and mr g60dave sir - yours will be early heater controls, so you have to take the film off the back of the controls, scan it, photoshop the green to red, print it out onto clear acetate, then re-install... :)