Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Conversions, Rebuilds, Modifications anything u need doing?

Just out of interest, how much would you be looking for to do a 1.8T? I'm sure there would be a lot of interest around here if the price is right.

Amazed by the amount of requests.... maybe I should start a business doing this!! :)

Jay

considered it myself....then changed my mind. It then wouldn't be a hobby anymore.

Amazed by the amount of requests.... maybe I should start a business doing this!!

I expect you could make good money at it too!

Out of interest, purly speculative , how much would you charge to make a Tdi Raddo? if everything was supplied?

Fancy doing the rear axle bushes on my MK4 TDI Jay? Any idea on the sort of price you'd charge if I supplied the bushes.

Fancy doing the rear axle bushes on my MK4 TDI Jay? Any idea on the sort of price you'd charge if I supplied the bushes.

I may be interested in this too, for my C ;)

Jim/Stan I am quite happy to do any job. Obviously I don't know how much to charge for a lot of things as I am new to this :), but I guess if we agreed a low hourly rate for small jobs like rear beam bushes then that would be fair.

Bigger jobs like an engine conversion would need a good discussion about what you are after, how much functionality you want etc.. There are lots of different ways of doing an engine swap and it all depends on what the budget is. Feel free to get in touch about anything. PM if you want my mobile number to discuss things more easily.

Jay

Right, thought I would bump this back up to the top as I have completed a couple of jobs recently and Ultimate has been and gone, so I have a bit of time for doing work people want doing. Anything considered, let me know.

Cheers

Jay

so do you have space to safely leave a car at your premises or do you travel to the persons car to do the work.

Say a head gasket + inlet cam change, would you come to me to do this or would it be better to leave my car at yours?

Just enquiring at the moment.

Neil

so do you have space to safely leave a car at your premises or do you travel to the persons car to do the work.

would you come to me to do this or would it be better to leave my car at yours?Neil

i hear u take ya car to jays leave it with him an he lends u his beast until the works done :D

damn,just makin the longest list of jobs you'd have seen would have took u months :lol:

may want me sunroof fixin before summer,don't fancy tacklin it meself

Just an idea, but why dont you knock up a brief list of modifications/conversions whatever or any other common jobs and a price for each job, like g60greeny said the sunroof one is quite common.

I know ive thought of several jobs that I keep meaning to make a list of, but trying to think of them now none come to mind!

Jay- I was looking for upgrading the brakes on my VR. Have the 288's for the front so need to get the mk3 288 mm discs, a set of rear mk4 anni calipers, Braided hosed and pagids front & back. Then I need them fitting to the car, full bleed with dot 5.1 etc. I know this is a pig of a job to get a good pedal after a full bleed so It would be nice to have an expert on the job (there is no brown nose smiley joker: )

I'm in Buxton which is just 'over the hill'- plus can you get stealer discounts? (maybe smith knight fay?)

Cheers

Mike

Mike. I am sure I could come over and sort it out for you if you want.

Let me know when you are planning on doing it and we can sort something out.

I can't get a discount from Smith Knight and Fay yet, I have only just moved up here ;)

Jay

Just an idea, but why dont you knock up a brief list of modifications/conversions whatever or any other common jobs and a price for each job, like g60greeny said the sunroof one is quite common.

I agree, maybe a very rough price, like are we talking £500 for sunroof fix or £100, i personally have no idea what a garage would charge!

you could earn your self a tidy profit from this, and make a portfolio and go further with it!

Another sunroof fix here Jay.

If you can put up rough prices for some of the more common jobs that would be good, as we all know our c's come with too many common stupid design faults.

Would be worth stickying if you can get prices up mate.

OK I will have a think over the next couple of days and price it all up. When you say "sunroof fix" do you have the parts but want them fitting or just have a broken sunroof and want it fixing? They are two different things...

jay