Sign in to follow this  
cheesy

Cheesy's Updated 4/12/04

I have seen that saxo about. Do not know Simon though. Do you know Steve with the Black corrado vr6 with Golf mk 4 front end as I know him. He certainly has the most distinct C in town!!

Yeah, i seen steve before.

My mate knows him quite well keith with the wide arch nissan pulsar, used to work for ice-direct

Very nice Cheesy,

My favorite parts are definitly the wheels 8) , the door handles & rear window spoiler.

What are the wheels? (really suit the corrado). What are the door handles from & do they work ok?

Dan

Cheers for the comment dan, heres the info for ya

7 x 18" technomagnesio Detroit F1 Alloys

Audi A6 Door Handles, they work fine

looks clean mate, the spray job looks nice aswell, wonder how much you payed for the respray? :? enjoy it though and i know you plan to o some engine mods next :p

Cheesy, fantastic mate. I would agree with the majority of folks here in that the styling is, err, interesting (said in the politest possible way) but the mods have been very well executed and the front lights look superb. Great paint finish too.

There can't be that many Cs on the Channel islands, let alone one as unique as yours! Give yourself a pat on the back 8)

Kev

can anyone give me information of how to build there headlights ??? or perhaps where they are for sale ??? (i think that that would be a problem with shipping to the netherlands, but i sure would like to know)

i like the headlights and the door handles... the rest i think is too extreme for a german car, all that gitter fits better on a rice-wagon

The lights are complete BMW E36 replacement units.

Bought mine from Euro car parts

slight moddification to the slam panel is needed

Cheesy,

excellent to see something a bit different!

Like others have said, not to my personal taste but good on ya all the same!

I like the BMW lights, but I must admit that I think the flat front and general squareness of the C suits the stock lights.

Nice one.

Having a little prob with the lights at the moment, trying to get them to allign properly.

should be sorted on tuesday.

Otherwise the fit and standard of work is good

cheesy that is beautiful man its as flash as a rat with a gold tooth

was it once driven by david hasslehoff before he sold it on ebay

for a hip replacement u must get some awesome down force from

that rear spoiler in burger kings car park .

peace out lid :p

oi.. now now.. don't make me fetch the beating stick.

Pass comments or opinions.. don't take the piste.

Looks good Cheesy.

Not all to my taste, but the workmanship seems very sound.

I particularly like the ''Angeleyes'' lights and the bodykit.

Wheels look nice as well.

Health to drive M8. :D

oi.. now now.. don't make me fetch the beating stick.

Pass comments or opinions.. don't take the piste.

Cheers Jim your quite right there.

Thanks for the comment Mike

Cheesy !! Very impressed with your mods. In particular the E36 headlight conversion.

I have looked extensively at your folder posted at fotki.com.

Even with the photos I haven't been able to figure out what mods have been made to overcome the angle of the headlights in their housing. I bought my son a set of E36's for his 90 g60 but am afraid I can not figure out how to proceed. Would appreciate any help you may be able to offer. I thank you in advance for your appreciated assistance.

blueslide

Blueslide Welcome :D

Thanks for the comments 8)

From what the bodyshop said they moddified, Slam panel, wings, Air bx due to depth of the unit

I think the lights them selves are slighty smaller in a sense of wing to grill, thats why the wings were modded to give a tight fitting and look like neat and tidy.

The slam panel has to be modded to get the right angle for the light and to actually get it into place

I have the 1.8 16v and had to remove a small part of the bottom of my airbx to get it to fit, u may need to make a bracket at the back of lights to keep them extra secure and keep the beam pattern correct, the lights themselves can be adjusted up and down and left to right but theres only minamal movement so its down to how the main unit is fitted.

U will also need to use an uprated wiring loom for the lights so u get the full 12v.

I'm not to sure if i missed anything but hope this helps

chris

Cheesy!! Thanks for the quick reply. However, I am still somewhat confused. In terms of auto boady parts I am not familiar with the terms "wings, or slam panel" could you please explain :?:

Thank you again for your patience

jack

Ok, No Problems jack

Slam Panel is this bit, u can see where its been moddified, the contrast in paint, the part the bonnet(hood) Locks down to

cheesyprogress001-vi.jpg

Wing is this bit (fender), u can see it modded top for the eyebrow as the shapes in wing and at the bottom u can see a kind of join

[imghttp://images3.fotki.com/v35/photos/4/43542/160789/cheesyprogress002-vi.jpg[/img]

Heres a Pic of it still in primer for a better view

cheesyprogress004-vi.jpg

I have seen some people have done this mod on the vortex forum but they didn't do the mods i did and have gaps around the lights

hope this helps chris

Cheesy!! Thank you again for such a quick reply> It is obvious alot of work was done to get a tight looking fit and the headlight housing of the E36 heads is smaller.

When I look at your setup the lens of the E26 housing is flush with the line of the nose of the car. However when I set the housing flush with the nose, or the wing and the grill, the angle of the lights themselves has them crossing about 3 meters or so in front of the car. I can not see how mounting the E36 units is possible without modifying the E36units themselves. Any clue :roll:

i don't know anymore details unfortuntely, the only thing that wan't moddified was the units themselves

chris

No reason to apologzie, I appreciate what I've been able to learn from you and your experience. Great looking car!! Hope we can get my son's approaching the level you have achieved.

Thanks again

...jack