Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Cheap tyres supplier

Found this one, and I've used them twice now...

Camskill

based up in cumbria somewhere....telephone 01946-518202

I got Avon ZZ3 W-rated 205/40 R16 £60 inc VAT and delivery each, and they are bloody good tyres!

Mrbeige, you should have said you needed 205/40 16s mate as I've got some you could have had for a good price :-)

Mytyres are good too, especially if you want an older model of tyre which they seem to have huge stocks of!

Mrbeige, you should have said you needed 205/40 16s mate as I've got some you could have had for a good price :-)

I never thought to ask on here.... :(

You sorted you Stealth day/week yet dude?

I never thought to ask on here.... :(

No worries! Is 205/40/16 the right size the valver and G60 then? It's too small for the VR, so I've had to replace them with 205/45s....

Noy yet but it's unlikely to be in January now :-(

Noy yet but it's unlikely to be in January now :-(

Bugger.....

mytyres.net are fine if you're not in a hurry .. oh and if they have stock. They won't tell you if they don't, they'll just let you wait to contact them. Which is annoying when you *are* in a hurry.

Yes, camskill get a thumbs up from me, cheap *and* cheerful (in a positive way). Bit of a limited range, but they seem to have decent stock and quick delivery.

Think I paid £8 p/tyre at my local place & they kept the old ones. They also swapped my wheels round as well IIRC.

So between £30-35 for the lot? I'll have to add that to the price of my next lot of tyres when I get some online quotes. Cheers Trig ;)

Anyone ever used car tyre levers to fit and remove tyres?

I'm just thinking I could fit the rubber to the wheels myself and then take them down for balancing. It's just a PITA carrying 4 wheels and 4 tyres to a tyre place and you don't always recieve a warm welcome when you turn up with internet tyres either :-)

Got 4 x Uniroyal Rainsport from Histyres (205/45/16) at £62 each inclusive. The best quote I got from a tyre place for those was £80 each plus fitting and 4 of the 6 places I rang couldn't even get them anyway.

I'm just thinking I could fit the rubber to the wheels myself and then take them down for balancing. It's just a PITA carrying 4 wheels and 4 tyres to a tyre place and you don't always recieve a warm welcome when you turn up with internet tyres either Smile

Just goto X-spurt Kev, they always beat the internet prices - Starky just got 4 RE 720's fitted for way less than anywhere else...

i am lucky as a friend works at kwick fit he just fits them for a fiver . i brought 4 toyo from top gear for £220 rang at 4pm and they were there next day very fast delivery and nice people on end of phone

Just goto X-spurt Kev, they always beat the internet prices - Starky just got 4 RE 720's fitted for way less than anywhere else...

Too late now but I'll run down there for fitting and balancing then, good shout!

DIY tyre fitting?

I'd be too paranoid about scratching the rims... The pro tyre fitter machines don't touch the rim and hold the wheel by gripping it via the hub, which is downright impossible if you're doing it by hand.