Sign in to follow this  
randomist

pcd's blackberry vr - update

just a few pics of my new c, finally got a vr after months of indecision! still getting used to the colour after my ice grey violet valver. much prefer the black interior though, much nicer! i'll post up some more pics when i get the chance & the spec. i will say it's got an induction kit & a powerflow exhaust so it sounds un-fxxkin-believable!!!! its purple too which is handy!

not the bestest pics (mobile phone) i'll take some better ones at the weekend

specs,

blackberry LK4Z?

98k with fvwsh, thousands of pounds of reciepts!

17" momo alloys with goodyear tyres

k&n induction kit & powerflow exhaust

de-badged grill

sony mini disc head & 10 changer cd

dropped 25mm (i think)

everything works too!!

cheers guys, well chuffed with it. would've loved a ice grey violet vr but they are proper rare & i do love the colour of this one (now) so i'm a happy chappy. looking forward to saturday so i can drive it in the sunshine (fingers crossed) coz i've only driven to & from work in the dark! :(

i'm hoping to start doing a few modifications once i've got the cash from the sale of my valver.

been lucky with this one coz it's already got a good sound system & an induction kit & powerflow exhaust. i think it's been dropped using lowering springs but i don't like the ride as it's too harsh so i'll be looking into new shocks & springs to get a better ride quality. also i want to colour code a de-badged grill to see how that looks & the stone chips sorting on the bonnet. ill be ordering a wiring loom to improve the headlights soon so i've got a bit to do to keep me busy.

nice one fella, username seems more fitting now somehow! glad to see you finally got the VR you've been wanting for ages, look forwards to seeing you about in it!

out with the old in with the new! few more pics after been freshly polished. couple of pics of the old valver too, sadly sold! :( wish i could afford to keep both.

thought i'd update my gallery coz it's been a while since i've wrote owt. here's a list of a few bits & bobs i've had done in the last couple of months. i'll add some pics when i get the chance.

new timing chains

new clutch

top end service

new front discs & pads (ate discs & green stuff pads)

front end resprayed (to get rid of stonechips) grill & eyebrow colour coded

wheels refurbished (couldn't get used to the speedlines)

new alarm & immobiliser fitted

also found out of a previous owner (jimmi) that the car's been chipped! woo hoo!

not the best pics, crappy camera phone!

Car looks nice but photos not doing it justice, looks even sweeter in the metal!!

Looking forward to seeing it in April!!

Have we met before? Did we meet at the go-cart track in winter?

yeah james, i had the ice grey valver then, finally upgraded to a vr!

shame about the new pics though, gonna have to get some better ones taken at the weekend! :(

thought i'd do a little update as it's been ages since i've posted! anyhoo, after almost selling my c for reasons i no longer understand only to have a front end smash on the way to its (almost) new owner, i've now got renewed interest in the old girl & have decided that whenever i get a itch for a different car i'm just going to buy something new & exciting for the corrado!

at the mo i'm getting koni t/a's with eibach springs fitted on saturday & i've managed to get my hands on a full black leather interior so that'll be getting put in next week. fitted lupo gti wipers too with an aero wiper on the back just to even things up, cant believe the difference these make! i can now drive over 50 mph when it rains!

also a mate's breaking a vr6 so i've gave him a list of all the bits & bobs i need to replace any parts that are a bit tatty. feel like a kid in a sweetshop, basically everything is there & i've got first dibs! :clap:

thought i'd post a few pics of the car after the crash & how she's looking now, not great pics but you get the idea. i'll be adding more once i get the suspension & the leather fitted.

looked quite a bad smack you had, i presume it was just cosmetics that got it. looks really well now anyways! :D

been rather busy with the old girl these past few months, spent a small fortune since the crash! going from 17's down to 16's has made a massive difference to the ride quality so i'll be sticking with 16's. quite fancy some bbs rx's at some point but i'll stick with the montreals for the time being.

got the koni's fitted & the leather put in, got some smoked rear lens which i thought would look charvery but i really like them! got the lupo wipers on, fan-f-n-tastic mod, best thing you can do! other random stuff, had an arch repaired by an old school lead worker type guy, he did an amazing job of cutting out the rotten piece & blending another piece in. new pioneer mp3 head unit fitted & new speakers all round & probably other stuff that i've forgot about.

just have to try to find where the water's getting in & that's it.........